Tuesday, January 06, 2015

I Choose Joy!


If you've been reading our blog for a while, you may remember that last year, I decided to choose just one word to concentrate on instead of making New Year resolutions.  Not that I'm really a "resolution kind of girl," but I'd at least TRY to do better in the beginning of January every year and like most people, my good intentions would never last.  The idea of choosing one word came to me after hearing our Pastor talk about it one Sunday at church, and then it began to seem like everyone in Blog Land and FB were posting their one word, too.  My 2014 word was, PEACE, and I'll have to save that post for another day to share with you just how much that word stuck with me last year.

After much thought and prayer, I've decided that my word for 2015 is JOY!


Although there was no great revelation as to why I chose this word, JOY does have special meaning to me because it was the name of my maternal grandmother. 

To me, JOY is also a CHOICE that we make and it's a choice that I personally will have to choose DAILY!  Y'all get me?  Maybe even by the hour!  Ha!  I'm not an overly optimistic person, but I wouldn't say I'm a pessimist, either.  I worry and I tend to let my circumstances effect my moods and actions.  It's hard to find JOY in the midst of bad situations or problems.



While I was spending some time thinking about my word for 2015, I came across this verse in Romans and I'm making it my "verse of the year," too.  I love it because it kinda picks up with where I left off in 2014.  JOY and PEACE. I also get that in order for God to fill me with joy and peace, I have to trust Him. And that's hard.  It was hard in 2014 and I expect nothing less in 2015.  In pre-school Sunday School, I learned that J - Jesus first, O - Others second, and Y - yourself last.  Oh, how many times do I get that backwards?  Every. single. day.

So have you thought about choosing ONE WORD for 2015 or are you sticking to resolutions?  If you have chosen ONE WORD, what is it?  Please share your resolutions and/or word in the comments because I would LOVE to read them. I've already enjoyed the ones I've read on others' blogs because the words vary so much but that's because they're unique to the person.  If this idea is something new to you, then I encourage you to spend some time thinking about it. What do you have to lose?

I'm linking up with these fun girls today for Tuesday Talk!


All Kinds of Things

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! So glad to have you over at Tuesday Talk! Come back soon~
    Elizabeth
    www.allkindsofthingsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect word for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great words. My sister (who blogs with me) chose one word this year. Hers was Less. I need more structure (type A personalities, raise your hands! ) so I have a few goals. My big ones are working on my prayer life and letting go because I'm a worrier too. I love your verse and that your word is a reminder of your grandma as well. Beautiful post. Thanks for linking up with us for Tuesday Talk today! -Jess

    www.sweetlittleonesblog.com / sweetlittleonesblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful word for the year. I did one word last year, simplify, and plan to have a word for this year, too!

    Becky
    @bybmg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this word... Such a great one to focus on. Thanks for linking up with Tues Talk!

    ReplyDelete