Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Little Fashion for Wednesday

A Birthday Hangover is no fun, peeps!  I'm not talking about the alcohol kind, either.  I'm talking about the joy and excitement of the day.  January 21st is my least favorite day of the year - no offense to any of my readers out there that might be celebrating today.

We're so very proud of Baby Girl for making all A's for the first semester of 4th grade! We're just hoping she can keep up the good work, but we know she can! Alise is very smart and conscientious about her studies.  She has her written homework done by the time I pick her up from after school so most of the time, all we have to do is study for tests.  My nights of beating her over the head with a speckled notebook are very few and far between these days!  Now, if we can just get a little more practice on long division!  Ha!  Here's a picture of her on Awards Day with her homeroom teacher, Ms. O, who teaches math, science, and social studies.



And speaking of school, I attended a meeting last week for elementary baseball and softball.  Alise really wants to play school softball, but it doesn't look like we're going to have enough girls to make a team and we're really disappointed about that.  There just aren't enough girls interested in playing, even though some of them play rec softball.  Of course, the boys are a different story!  They always have enough for a team.  I guess that's what happens, though, when you go to a small private school.

I am no fashion blogger.  Let me just go ahead and state that for the record. However, I do feel - front time to time {ahem!} - that I've pulled off a rather cute look.  But my arms are too blasted short to get any good pictures and I'm not a selfie person so I'd rather not have my face and if I don't have my face, then you can't see my feet, which means I'm too short and it just goes on and on.  I'll never feel comforatable taking pictures of myself and that's why I don't normally join in on the fashion links.  Having said all that, I want to share three styles that I pulled off within the last few weeks!


Y'all don't know how many tries I had to pull off to get this one shot!  Ha!  And I still had to crop the stupid thing because our bed was unmade.  Whatever....so I wore this on our date night a few weeks ago.  Love, love, love lace and leopard! I wear leopard with everything without lace and lace without leopard and then back together...they're just classic together.  I opted for cowboy boots that night, too.  The necklace I'm wearing is my favorite and so I tend to wear it alot.  I picked it up from a local boutique.



Love my semi-puffy vest I bought locally right before Christmas.  I've worn it with so many different things!  And you can't tell it in this picture, but the zipper and buckle are gold, so that's a new twist for me since I don't wear much gold these days.  I wore this outfit to work.


You probably can't tell it, but I have about three layers on in this cropped-to-death pic!  But I love, love it!  I have on an offwhite blouse with a thin, v-necked, lace, button up duster and a brown velour adirondack jacket.  I topped it off with a light organza scarf.  How's that for detail!  This picture was taken on one of those oh-so cold mornings but by the time I got to my office and got settled, I was burning up!!  I had to ditch the jacket, but the duster hides my butt because I was wearing leggings.  This is one of my all time favorite outfits!

So that's it for style-me-Laura!

Except for...

Remember last week when I showed you the kiss-lock purse from Charming Charlie's?   Whell.  I did a little shopping in Tuscaloosa on Saturday on our way home.  I always like to go in stores at other locations to see if they have anything different than we have here in Louisiana. Whell.  I sent Leigh this picture and a text: Guess what I found!?!



Leigh and I share the same passion for the color purple!  But I just wasn't in the mood for a purple purse, so I kept looking and Alise found a red one for me, so I bought it!


And I love it!  After a little research after we got home, I realized it wasn't the exact purse I showed here on the blog last week, but it's got the kiss-lock and that's all I care about!  I plan on taking it on our cruise in the Spring!

And one more thing!  Pave chandelier earrings!  I've been in love with these suckers for nearly two years.  I just love their sparkle!  I found two pairs this weekend at Francesca's.  I wore one pair on Monday and the other yesterday for my birthday! The picture makes them look a little dull, but dull they are not! They are gold and silver and really sparkle! 


The Bobeau fleece cardigan I ordered last week from Nordstrom came in on Monday.  I haven't worn it yet, but I did try it on and fell instantly in love!  The color is not quite as bright as I thought, but I love it too much to return.  it's a keeper!!

Happy Wednesday everyone!  I'm just working for the weekend!!  How about you?!

4 comments:

  1. You are my fashion guru!! Love the red purse, but the purple would have been better!! ;)
    What color wrap did you get? I was thisclose to ordering one when I read you had. So I didn't! But I should've!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was worried that the purple would clash. But there was a bigger/roomier purple purse that I almost bought, too, and it was the only one left! But then I hated to buy two purses.

    My Bobeau is like a muted peachy/pink color. I was disappointed that it wasn't bright. I liked Cyndi Spivey's, but that bright pink was gone. Do you read her blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the leopard and lace! I'm always looking for purple for TCU games....may have to check that out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the leopard top!!!!

    ReplyDelete