Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Top 5

Helloooooo  Friiiiiday!!  Good grief, I'm ready for the weekend!  How about you? I'm linking up today for 5 on Friday!  Join us! 


Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

{one.} I celebrated my birthday earlier this week!  It was a great day and I enjoyed getting to spend it with Wayne and Alise.  I can't think of a better excuse to close the kitchen for a night and eat at a restaurant with my family! And eat cake!! I'm all about the cake!


My cake was suppose to be round, but it didn't matter as long as it was chocolate!!

If you follow me on IG or FB, you might've seen some more birthday pics showing up!  I've been partying with friends all week and I love it!!

{two.} Diet Coke with lime.  Y'all.  I'm a big DC drinker.  But our cafeteria just installed one of those drink thingy machines where you can choose any version of DC from here to kingdom come!  Who knew there was Diet Coke and Raspberry {Haven't tried it yet!}?  I mean, I had heard about DC with lime, but I had never tried one until a few weeks ago and now I'm hooked!  The only thing is, our stores around here only sell it in cans and I'm use to buying two liter sizes.  Oh, well!  I'm buying cans, now and cutting back on spending my Sonic gift card.  Wayne got me a Yeti stainless steel tumbler for Christmas, so I've been drinking my DCs with lime out of it.  And y'all, I still have ice in it the next morning!  It really does keep things cold!


with Lime

{three.}  I am so blessed to be Alise's mom.  I know she's not perfect.  The only thing her dad and I have ever asked from her - aside from folding a few loads of laundry {to which you woulda thought we asked her to move mountains!} - is to make good grades and to be a "good girl."  And I have to keep reminding myself that she's still a kid, but there's an expectation there that we have for her.  She can be bossy and dramatic {Guess where she gets that from!} and I know the teen years will probably send me over the edge, but one thing I've really been enforcing with her this year is be a friend.  Oh how the nit-picking and emotions have started and she complains and tattles about her friends {I have to hear it every day!}, so I'm encouraging her to rise above it!  To be the better person!  This week, an old high school friend, who has two daughters, posted this article on FB, 15 Things I Want My Daughters To Know About Being A Good Friend.  I plan on reading it to Alise this weekend and talking to her about it. Friendship is so important.

{four.}  Pave earrings.  I just can't say enough about them.  They are a neutral and go with everything!



I'm not one to match my jewelry to what I'm wearing.  I haven't jumped on the Kendra Scott or Stella & Dot bandwagons yet.  I may add a few pieces from time to time for color or bling, but I normally stick to my real stuff.  And as far as earrings go, once I get hooked on a particular style, I tend to wear the heck out of it!  I have a pair of chandelier earrings that I bought over two years ago in Baton Rouge, and I'm STILL wearing those suckers!  You've probably seen me wear them alot, too!  I get lots of compliments on them.

{five.} How about this puppy?!


Alise put Jack in one of our clothes hampers one morning before school.  The girl carries him around like he's a baby doll!  He never gets to walk because she's always holding him.  But yes, Big Mama was right when she said having a puppy is like having a baby again.  He normally wakes up at 3 AM to go out and then wants to play.  There have only been a few times we've been able to put him back in his pen and he went back to sleep.  So usually from 3 to 5 in the morning, all we do is doze, while Alise snoozes.  But she hops right up at 6:00 to take him out and feed him.  She has really been alot more responsible with Jack and I think part of that has to do with him being an inside dog.  He follows Alise where ever she goes and if she leaves the room, he starts barking.  His favorite place to hide is under our bed for some reason.  I still don't believe the crazy dog even knows him name yet!

Happy Friday Everyone!!  Enjoy the weekend!!


5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I like to make mine last too, and yes there definitely must be chocolate cake : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like diet coke with lime (pre-pregnancy) and the raspberry flavor def sounds interesting! xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a RapidLash giveaway on cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, stressing healthy friendships with girls is so important. Especially before middle school. Oh the drama!! A friend shared this acronym with me years ago when our girls were in high school R.A.T.S. Rise above the situation. Anytime the girls started in on the drama, she would just say RATS!! Jack is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing that Sweet Friend! I will have to share R.A.T.S. with Alise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raspberry DC: YES! It's really good! :)
    Those earrings: beautiful! Will have to check them out.
    I just want to get Jack & squeeze him! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete