Friday, October 17, 2014

Top 5 Friday



{one.}  If you've been reading my blog for very long, then you know that we're die hard {as die hard can be} Alabama fans.  But that's not what this favorite is about.  Today I'm handing out kudos to one of our sister SEC teams, Mississippi State University!  Hail State! I'm so proud of this team - that wasn't even nationally ranked at the beginning of the season - for becoming number uno in the polls this week.  And for beating Auburn last week.  What a happy day last Saturday was!  And if you've always wondered what those darn cowbells were for, click HERE!  Clanga clanga!!

{two.}  I'm craving comfort food this week.  And chocolate pie.  This past Monday, I had to carry Baby Girl to the dentist to have not one, not two, but THREE teeth pulled.  And the assistant tried to tell me that they don't use gas!  Say what?  Long story short, I got my Baby Girl some gas (had to pay extra for it!) and everything went fine.  So since I had the day off, I decided to be Betty Crocker in the kitchen and make a full meal on a week night.  We had Miranda Lambert's Mom's Meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, and some other veggies.  Y'all, I cannot say enough about this meatloaf! Gosh it is SO. DARN. GOOD {I normally half the recipe}!!  And the scalloped potatoes I got off Pinterest and I've made them twice.  The fam loves them!!  This was the best meal I had all week {If you're interested, I post a weekly menu on Mondays so check back!}!

{three.}  Last week, on the Top Five, I told you that I was scoping out ideas for Christmas cards.  I had just about decided that I was going to send a card out this year with Alise in her cheer uniform when lo and behold!  Look what happened here!



I can't even believe I took that picture!  Thanks to my sweet cousin, Mirya, for touching the photo up for me!  I'm in love!  Cowboy boots and all!

{four.}  One of my favorite authors, Jodi Picoult, has me a little confused and very disappointed by her latest novel {I LOVED The Storyteller}.  I'm reading Leaving Time right now and it is just weird.  I mean, weird.  I don't want to give too much away, but the only reason I'm still bothering with this book is because I want to know what happens in the end. Even the Kindle price is not worth all the chapters I'm having to skim over.  Bottom line: I hope you love elephants!  

{five.}  I'm busy planning our Halloween party for Alise and her classmates that's coming up in a few weeks.  The invitations are ordered and they turned out SO cute!  While I was in Michael's one day last week, I found the cutest wire spider cupcake holders by Wilton.  I looked all over the internet to share a picture with you and the only place I could find them was Ebay - where they're selling for nearly double what I paid for them!  Anyway, I thought they were SO cute!  Click HERE.

Happy Friday Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Perfect Christmas card picture! I am so sad to hear that Jodi Picoult's new book isn't that good. She is one of my favorite authors. Although I am not surprised because the book description does not excite me at all but I feel like I have to read it since I have read all of her others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pic of A!! Remind me to tell you about my MSU ties!

    ReplyDelete