Monday, October 20, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - October 20, 2014

Happy Monday!  We're one week closer to Halloween, Folks!



Here's our menu for the week:

Monday - YOYO

Tuesday - Breakfast Enchiladas (NEW)

Wednesday - Meatball Sub Casserole (NEW)

Thursday - Popcorn Chicken & French Fries

Friday - Slow Cooker Hobo Packets (NEW)

Saturday - Grilled Hamburger Sliders with all the fixin's 

Sunday - Italian Minute Steaks, Scalloped Potatoes, and Green Bean Bundles

Lots of new recipes these week and I've got my fingers crossed that I can pull this off!!

I'm getting my Taco Tuesday in one way or another and since we never saw the 'Breakfast Bar' from a few weeks back, I'm putting something similar back on the menu for this week!

Something I'm learning about Friday nights.  If I can put something in the crockpot, it makes us stay home for dinner.  Now, I know it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, but Friday nights are our normal family nights to eat out, so having supper ready when we get home is a plus because we don't spend money by eating out.  However, with the astronomical price of groceries these days, I'm beginning to wonder!  Food is outrageous anywhere you go!

I'm excited about Sunday's menu!!  Italian Minute Steaks (or you can call them Italian Salisbury Steak) was a recipe that I found right after Wayne and I got married.  The recipe came from a Bell South Pioneer Cookbook that I eventually threw away (stupid me!), but the recipe was so easy-peasy that I can still remember it even nearly twenty years later!  I even served it with green bean bundles way back then (before green bean bundles were cool!).  I'll try to remember to share the recipe next week (When I searched for the recipe on Pinterest, I couldn't find one similar).

For more menu ideas and recipes, go to OrgJunkie's blog.

Have a TASTY week!!

1 comment:

  1. Delicious menu! I had to pin the breakfast enchilada recipe to try later. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete