Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Hodge Podge Wednesday



1. What's your favorite time of day? Why?  I know this makes me sound like a horrible person, but my favorite time of the day is when I walk in the mornings at 5 am or when I'm soaking in a warm bath in the evenings with a book.  I consider myself VERY lucky if both of those events happen in the same day!  What can I say?  I'm selfish.  Do I like doing homework every night?  Do I like cooking every night?  Do I like working every. single. day? You get the point.

2. Waffle iron, toaster, coffee maker, mixer, blender...which small appliance would you say most needs replacing in your house?  Our blender is probably closer to retirement status than anything else right now.  I keep telling myself I want one of those nice big ones with the glass pitcher, but as soon as I drop it on our stained concrete floors in the kitchen, I'll be regretting it.

3. It's National Grouch Day (October 15)...what's something that makes you feel grouchy?  I'm grouchy when I don't get enough sleep.  Or when things don't go according to plan.

4. Ever been to Canada? Is that a country you'd like to visit? According to Trip Advisor, the top ten best destinations in Canada are-Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Victoria, Calgary, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls, Whistler, and Halifax. Which city would you most like to see?  Sorry.  No offense to our Canadian neighbors, but I have no desire to visit Canada.  See #3.

5. What was your favorite food (or one of your favorites) when you were a child? Is that still a favorite?  This past weekend, Alise and I went to visit my grandmother in the nursing home and as we were visiting with her, I got to thinking about her fried potatoes.  My grandma could make the best fried potatoes!  The key was dredging them in flour before frying them.  And I'm not talking french fries now, either.  So it was a treat when we visited her house because she always made them.  As far as my mom - and being a kid - my favorite food was fish sticks and macaroni and cheese.  Now, as an adult, gag me with a spoon!

6. Do you cry easily?  I cry at the drop of a hat.

7. Have you started your (gasp!) Christmas shopping? If so when, and how much? If not, when will you even begin thinking about it?  I have started thinking about Christmas!  I've asked Alise several times what she wants for Christmas and she's started a list.  We don't have that many people to buy for and since we're going to Hawaii in April, Wayne and I are not getting each other presents this year.  That helps because he is such a hard person to buy for!  I'm pretty sure this will be the last year that Alise believes in Santa.  She's already hinting around and asking questions as to whether or not we're Santa. I just keep telling her that she has to believe to receive. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.  We've had some bad weather in my neck of the woods this week.  You may have even seen my home town on Good Morning America or The Weather Channel.  We had lots of wind damage when a major storm blew through on Monday.  Fortunately for us, we never even lost electricity (I was home with Alise that day because she had three teeth pulled that morning).  The Garden District of our city sustained the worse damage with down power lines and trees that fell on houses and vehicles.  Some people will not even have electricity until Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Got a chuckle out of your reference to #3 when answering your #4. LOL Hope you have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're safe. My daughter teaches in SC and spent 40 minutes in the hall with her class yesterday during a tornado warning. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete