Monday, October 06, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - October 6, 2014

Here comes the comfort food!

The temperature has dropped - a little - and I'm ready for soups and pastas and stick-to-your-ribs home cooking!  Sometimes comfort food takes a little "extra work" to prepare so I begin preparing on Sundays (usually) for the week.  Our evenings run alot smoother when I'm not slicing and dicing and trying to call out spelling words at the same time!  Know what I mean?



Monday -  YOYO

Tuesday -  Lasagna & Garlic Bread

Wednesday - Shrimp Jambalya & Corn

Thursday - Leftovers

Friday - Dad cooks: Breakfast Bar

Saturday - Slow Cooker Ground Beef HoBo Stew

Sunday - Coca Cola Pork chops, Scalloped Potatoes, Fried Okra & Green Beans

Here's a dessert recipe that I've been dying to try since I saw it on Facebook.  Two of my favorite things to bake with in the fall are apples and pecans.  I decided to wait a while before using some pecans, but this recipe, just wouldn't wait!  Click HERE for the link!

I wanted to comment about the Beef Enchilada Casserole that was on our menu last week. The results were just so-so.  I halved the recipe, actually made it on a Sunday, refrigerated it,  and we ate it on Tuesday.  Wayne said it was too much corn for him and I thought the recipe just tasted bland.  It needed something extra.  I probably won't be making it again.  So I'm back to square one as to looking for another Mexican go-to recipe for Taco Tuesdays!

Lastly, I like to try a new breakfast recipe on Saturday morning. Our family favorite is still Sausage Bread, but we've kinda gotten burned out on it.  My bunch prefers something that uses crescent rolls and no eggs.  Sounds easy enough, right?  This is what I plan to try this weekend!  They can live with just two eggs, right?

For more menu planning ideas, visit OrgJunkie.com.

Have a tasty week!

1 comment:

  1. You found some recipes that sound great! Let me know what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete