Monday, August 25, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - August 25, 2014

I don't know about you, but I'm beginning to crave some Fall dishes!  And I'm not talking about cooking everything with a can of pumpkin, either.  I'm referring to hearty soups, warm apple crisps, chilis, and just about anything made with pecans.  Southern comfort food at its finest!  If only the weather would cooperate.  It's still a little early, but I've got Fall on the brain!  

This week's menu is filled with a few family favorites and a new side dish in which I plan to use instant potatoes {insert gasp!}.  I'll let you know how that goes next week.  Also, looks like I'll be getting not one, but TWO nights off this week!  Benefits of the "carb" planner, I say.  Just look at our menu!



Monday -  Crockpot Spaghetti (my recipe) & green beans

Tuesday - Baked BBQ Chicken, Loaded Mashed Potato Cups, vegetable

Wednesday -  Breakfast Bar (Dad cooks)

Thursday - Spaghetti Boats (using leftovers)

Friday - Mom's Free Night!

Saturday - Pulled pork sandwiches with Paula Dean's Homemade Mac n Cheese

Sunday -  New Orleans Style White Beans & Rice with cornbread

Carb planner indeed!  What can I say?  It is what it is, peeps!

What's on your menu this week?  For more ideas, visit Laura at OrgJunkie's blog and join the link up!

Have a tasty week!

4 comments:

  1. Same! I'm starting to think about apple, pumpkin and other fall flavors. I think it's the start of football season that does it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making spaghetti tonight too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious menu. I've been craving soup but so far that's the only thing. This crazy heat is keeping the idea of Fall away for me so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have GOT to get back to my meal planning!

    ReplyDelete