Thursday, August 14, 2014

Back To School

Alise had a great day yesterday at school!  She likes all of her teachers, especially her homeroom teacher, Mrs. O.  And let me just say that I'm really liking her, too!  I don't know if you can tell in the picture from yesterday of Alise sitting at her desk, but Mrs. O made them all chocolate chip doozies.  She told the class that they had to wait to eat them last night with a glass of warm milk.  Alise could not WAIT to finish supper so she could have her doozie!  

I walked Alise in this morning - I don't do that very often, but I had tons of things that I needed to return to her friends from this past weekend - and because great minds think alike, this is similar to what we gave Ms. O this morning for her back-to-school happy!  We simply had too much going on yesterday to take it to her, so we waited a day.

If you give a teacher a cookie back to school printable | Thirty Handmade Days

I forgot to take a picture of the one we did, but Mrs. O was SO excited!  She hugged Alise AND me!  She told me that she prayed for all her students this morning.  I nearly cried! What a GREAT teacher (I hope I still feel this way six months from now when I'm beating my child over the head with a notebook)!!

Yesterday, Alise's reading teachers - yes, plural.  Don't EVEN get me started on that whole saga - had them fill out a questionnaire about themselves.  One of the questions was, "How many books have you read since second grade?"  What does MY child answer?  46!!  Forty-six books?!  She is living in a dream world!  When I questioned her about it, she said, "Mom, they said give your best estimate!"  Estimate my butt!  Ain't no way she's read 46 books since second grade!!

Y'all, I'm worn out!  A half a day of school yesterday plus art lessons last night just did me in! I just get so worked up every year over school starting.  It's like an adrenalin rush and eventually I crash.  I don't think I've fully crashed, yet, though.  Next week will be bad!  

So for what it's worth, we're enjoying the last two full days of homework-less nights and plans are to enjoy this last weekend as well.  Hope you can do the same!

P.S.  I'm back to menu planning on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment