Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Homemade Peach Ice Cream

You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream!!

Nothing says summer like homemade ice cream, don't you think?

Last Thursday, Wayne stopped on his route at the Oak Grove Farmer's Market and came home baring fresh squash, tomatoes and peaches.  I knew the tomatoes would be going with BLTs this week, but I wasn't sure what to do with the peaches.  We had peach cobbler the weekend before for Father's Day, so I wasn't in the mood for another one.  Wayne suggested we make peach ice cream!  So Sunday afternoon, we invited my parents over and that's what we did!  Wayne even googled the recipe himself and found the one he wanted to make from allrecipes.com {I love this site, by the way!  I've used it for a few years and I like it because you can personalize your own recipe box!  Does anyone else use it?}

I'll save you a click and give you the recipe here:

Homemade Peach Ice Cream
6 eggs, beaten
3 1/2 cups of sugar
10 fresh peaches, chopped
4 cups of heavy cream
2 cups of half and half
2 tsp. of vanilla
3/4 tsp. of salt

Directions

  1. In large bowl, mix together eggs and sugar until smooth; puree peaches in blender or food processor and stir 5 cups of puree into egg mixture. Stir in cream, half-and-half, vanilla and salt and mix well.
  2. Pour mixture into freezer canister of ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
Easy, peasy!  And SO YUMMY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment