Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hodge Podge Wednesday


My answers are short and sweet this week.  Causes for easy reading, I guess.  Link up by clicking HERE.

1. What summer activity most takes you back to your own childhood?
Baseball.  And I'm not a baseball fan - although we have been watching the CWS this year!  I guess I say that because my younger brother always played and we spent many nights and weekends at the ballpark.

2. What's your favorite summer smell?
Oh, I LOVE this question!  GARDENIAS!!  My favorite flower!  We planted them specifically around the pool so that we could sit out at the cook shack and I could smell them.  A neighbor down the street has a HUGE gardenia tree/bush next to the road and when I walk in the mornings and catch a whiff of the sweet flowers, my heart smiles!

3. It's beach season in the US of A...so how do you feel about sand?
Not fond of sand.

4. Sun tea, SunChips, sunflower seeds, Capri Sun, Sunny Delight, Sun-Maid raisins, sun-dried tomatoes...your favorite food or beverage with sun in its name?
The drink, Sun Drop.  It's kinda like a Mountain Dew.  I was introduced to them after Wayne and I were married and we visited his family in Alabama.  We can't find the drinks here in Louisiana.  Must be a Bama thing.

5. What's your favorite way to cool off on a hot summer day?
Take a dip in the pool - which here, feels like warm bath water these days because it's so hot!

6. Share a favorite song with the word sun or sunshine in it's title.
Walking on Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves.  What can I say?  I'm on '80's girl!

7. Tell us about a time you had an exceedingly good or truly awful customer service experience. If it was awful, did you report it? Ever go back there again?
One just doesn't come to mind right now.  I can think of several restaurants we won't go back to but it would be more because of the food than service.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I'm kinda new to the "KFC taking on the 3 year old" story, but I DID watch the national news earlier this week and heard that a renown plastic surgeon from Las Vegas flew into Jackson, MS over the weekend to meet the toddler and offer his services for free.  It was definitely a feel good moment.  However, yesterday, I heard that the whole situation maybe a hoax because KFC can not find a receipt in their system for a sweet tea and mashed potatoes {which is what the grandmother ordered} on the day the incident actually occured.  Hmm...maybe those receipts are hidden with Lois Lerner's emails?  Anyhoo, the only feel good feeling I have about this situation now is that the family has not asked for anything from KFC.  Yet.

7 comments:

  1. Loved reading your Hodgepodge.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE "Walking on Sunshine" - 80's girl here too! I have Sirius radio and that's one of the songs programmed in the system that alerts me when it's on. MUST dance when that song comes on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an 80's girl, too...great song choice! Makes me want to get up and groove! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We said the same song!
    We were introduced to "Cherry Lemon Sundrop" when we first moved to SC...used to get it in a little hotdog place. VERY good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me, the sound of baseball games on the radio is so clear to me and brings back great memories. Baseball and summer just go together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been watching the CWS too and rooting for the Virginia Cavs. My daughter went to grad school there. Wa-hoo-wa! I also LOVE the smell of gardenias and even with my stuffed nose the fragrant smell comes through! I had them in my bridal bouquet (eons ago!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everybody's gotta love Walking on Sunshine. It's impossible to sit still when that song comes on! I've never had a Sundrop. It's not a NJ thing either : )

    ReplyDelete