Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sentimental

I guess I'm feeling a little sentimental today.  I decided to visit my blog archives from Novembers past and looky what I found!  Pics of Alise's first four Thanksgivings!





Today was the annual Thanksgiving lunch at Alise's school.  As I sat there with Baby Girl in the lunch room, I couldn't believe that it has been FIVE years since I had been having TG lunch with her.  The years are going by so fast, y'all!  And this was the first year that the schedule didn't allow us to see the PreK and kindergarten classes sing.  Alise was disappointed.  She said, "But Mama!  I wanted to hear the little kids sing!"  

In the picture above, it was our first year at her school and she was in PreK-4. She was just learning to wink.  It's a miracle I even got a picture of it!  Oh, how I miss those days.

I couldn't believe Alise insisted on wearing her turkey shirt today.  She has totally written off wearing anything with her name, a monogram, or any type of applique on it!  Makes me so sad.  But this morning, she asked me where her shirt was and ended up finding it herself.  She has had that shirt since kindergarten and so I was very surprised when it still fit!  She even wore her hair down with a big brown bow {the bow is hidden in my shoulder in the pic above}!  Wearing her hair down is another big twist because she wears it in a ponytail nearly everyday.  I had actually flat-ironed it this morning, too, but my 11:40, you could no longer tell.

I'm missing my Baby Girl today.

3 comments:

  1. It's so sad to see our girls growing up. Katie lost two more teeth. She looks so different. She is also picking up new sayings and habits from school. Some good and some bad, but that is part of living.

    I wish you could see Colton. You talk about making you cry or me at least. He has shot up about inch over night. He is still a picky eater. He looks like a tree with ears. LOL! I'm just kidding. He is my baby. He is glued to my hip.

    Love the picture of you and Alise. Katie is slowly giving up her little girl things like hair bows. We've fought over clothes style for some time now and I guess always will. I am so sad. This year, Colton and Katie's Thanksgiving lunches are on the same day and at the same time. Thankfully, Millard and Peggy are going to Katie's for me. My parents and I will go to Colton's. I have been blessed with a great and supportive family.

    Hey thanks for the plug on the recipes I tried last weekend. Everything is long gone, but it was good.

    I hope you are able to find that well needed Tar-jay therapy. I know I need it. Have a great weekend and HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing the old pictures! Also love that blogging under the same name all these years means all those pictures are still online to see!

    I have a turkey shirt for Sofia but not sure she will wear to school. I'll make her wear on Turkey Day though!

    Having her turn 10 yesterday had me looking back at baby pics most of the day! Happy Turkey Day to y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice walk down memory lane! I love looking back at old pictures. The kids grow so fast and change even faster.

    ReplyDelete