Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Our Weekend in TTown

Alise and I had a FABULOUS weekend visiting our friends in Tuscaloosa this weekend! So, so glad we got to visit them during the holidays!  Isn't that what the holidays are all about?  Family, friends, and food?  Ha!  

Angie had her house all decorated for Christmas and it looked great!  Their new house is very pretty and nice, but I could get oh-so lost in their neighborhood!  We just enjoyed sitting around visiting and catching up!


I took this picture before we took the girls to see "Free Birds" Saturday morning.  I really wasn't looking forward to it because I thought it was going to end up being a cheesy kid movie, but it was really cute!  I'm glad that we got to do something that we always did here when the girls were together. Angie and I loved taking them to the movies together.

After the movies, we did a little shopping in Tuscaloosa.  It was a home game day and there was absolutely no where to park at the mall because of the shuttle to get to the games.  We had to park across the street at a bank!  I have to say, my favorite place to be for a Bama game is in Tuscaloosa - of course!  Even the peeps that didn't go to the game were dressed in their red and houndstooth and made me smile.  We were in one store and one of the sales clerks pulled out a boom box and turned on the game.  I was in heaven! I could listen to the game while I shopped!

The Henslee's have a new dog, Shug.  You might have seen this picture on Instagram or Facebook.  He is definitely a member of the family!  He is a cute, cute teacup Yorkie, but he is still in the puppy stage.  I don't think he was too wild about Alise because he seemed to bark at her alot, but he is very attached to Maddie and Angie.  They are living the world of "having an inside dog for the first time."



This is Angie and I sporting our boots before we left Monday morning.  We both joked that we look pregnant in this picture, but alas, we're not!! {Thank God!}  Angie was leaving right after me to pick her mom up in Huntsville and bring her back so that she could spend Thanksgiving with them. It was so hard saying good-bye yesterday morning.  I wasn't even out of the neighborhood and I was already missing her.  She's like the Big Sister I never had and we still talk every day.  I'm happy that she seems to be doing well and looking forward to cooking and entertaining her family for the holidays.  After everything she's been through this year, she deserves it!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend!! Always great to catch up with good friends :) Hope you have a great Thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete