Sunday, October 27, 2013

Monday Meal Plan ~ October 28th

Happy Halloween!!

Y'all!

I had the BEST cooking week last week!  THE BEST!

Every single new recipe I tried is now a Horton Family Favorite {HFF}!!  Yes, all of them!



They were DELISH!  They were HEARTY!  They were "Mama, I really like this!" kind of meals!  They all made my heart smile because my family was happy.  
I was happy.

That's all that really matters, right?

So let me just tell you a little bit about them.  Easy Pepper Steak {Click on link below for recipe}.  I've been wanting to try this recipe for a while and when I showed it to Mr. Horton, he agreed, but thought we should use venison instead of beef.  Alrighty, then.  And guess what?  HE MADE IT HIMSELF!!  It was so nice to come home Monday night to a hot meal prepared by the Hubs!  It was so, so good.  Definitely on the list to make again.  Spaghetti Boats.  Y'all!  This will rock your world!! I know you don't think so because you probably eat your spaghetti and garlic bread separately {like I do!  Or did!}, but I promise you!  Hint:  By the five cheese garlic bread in the frozen section of your grocery store and use leftover spaghetti.  So easy-peasy!  And lastly, the Disney Potato Soup.  This was the only thing Mr. Horton wouldn't try because y'all know how he feels about soup.  Disney or no Disney. I think I may have gotten it a tad too thick, but at 7:30 at night, Alise and I were starving and we didn't care!  We both took leftovers the next day! 

Try these recipes!!

Here's last week's menu:
Monday
Tuesday
Mexican Pizza      Spaghetti Boats

Wednesday
Disneyland Loaded Baked Potato Soup   {CHECK}
Corn Muffins

Thursday
Pork Tenderloin    {DIDN"T HAPPEN}
Friday
Last school football game  {CHECK}

Saturday
New Orleans Style Cajun Beans & Rice    Unexpected date night!  Woohoo!
Corn Bread

Sunday
Miranda Lambert's Mom's Meatloaf  New Orleans Style Cajun Beans & Rice
Smashed Potatoes
Vegetable
Rolls

Desserts for the Week:
Snicker Caramel Apple Pie   {DIDN"T HAPPEN}


Don't judge, but I'm kinda taking the week off.  I'm anticipating a heavy school week and with Halloween and parties thrown in the mix, it just works better with our schedule.


Here's this week's menu:
Monday
Leftovers

Tuesday
Pumpkins on Parade @ school

Wednesday
Tomato Basil Soup  or
Chicken Poppers & Fries

Thursday
Happy Halloween!!
Click HERE for my Halloween Menu!

Friday
Church college group at our house 
for bonfire and hot chocolate

Saturday
Date Night!

Sunday
Miranda Lambert's Mom's Meatloaf  
Smashed Potatoes
Vegetable
Rolls

Desserts for the Week:
Snicker Caramel Apple Pie

Don't forget to visit Orgjunkie for more menu plan ideas!

Have a TASTY HALLOWEEN week!!

1 comment:

  1. We are having spaghetti on Sunday and will plan on trying out Spaghetti Boats next week with our leftovers. It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete