Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Recap {Again!}

What started out as spending a nice quiet evening at home last Friday and just catching up on our TV shows, quickly changed after the pep rally that morning!  Thanks to our favorite Big Sis, K!  It was the "Black Out Pep Rally" and probably the kids' favorite because the regular lights are replaced with black lights and everyone has the glow sticks and dresses in white so that they "glow."  The cheerleaders and dance teams paint their faces or wear weird, glowing costumes.  It's really alot of fun! So during Big Sis/Little Sis time, K asked Alise if she was coming to the game that night.  I heard Alise tell her that she didn't know.  K must not have heard and asked her again, and Alise looked up at me and asked, "Moma, can we go to the game?"  Before I could answer, K said, "It's the Senior Game, Ms. Laura.  It will be my last one!"  I couldn't turn her down! Besides, it was PERFECT football weather!!  In other words, we froze our butts off!!  It was a GREAT game - back and forth between us and our rivals, the  Raiders - but alas, we lost in the last minute of the game.  Such heartbreak for those guys because they played so well.

Here is a pic Alise took of K before the game when they introduced the seniors and their parents.  Such a sweet, sweet family and I've enjoyed getting to know them this year {K sent me a peprally pic, but I can't save it to my phone for some reason.  The cheerleaders painted their faces similar to the Joker in Batman}.

Last Thursday, Alise and I went to a painting party.  I hadn't planned to take her, but it worked out that there was an extra opening, so she got to tag along and she had an absolute BLAST!  Love, love, love her Halloween painting!  Meet "Frankalina."


On Saturday morning, Alise came in the kitchen wagging a pj party birthday invitation.  I don't like surprises and just when I was about to say that we weren't going, Wayne stopped me and said that he would take me out to dinner while Alise was at the party.  A quick change of plans.  Ha!

Here are a few girls at the party.  They met us in the driveway when we showed up.
And here is Mr. Horton and I on our date night!  I was SO excited to get dressed up, have adult conversation, to not think about studying, or hear "Mama" for 3.5 hours!
Wayne was just excited to be able to see the TV in the bar from our table!  Ha!  He kept tabs on the LSU game.  It was a local high school's homecoming, so I was in awe of all the pretty girls in their dresses at the restaurant!  I kept oohing and aahing over them.  Let's just say that sequins must have been big this year and the school's homecoming theme must have been The Roaring 20's because alot of the girls wore the long necklaces and feathered headbands.  That, of course, was right up my alley!  Oh, to be young and footloose again!

And speaking of young, right before our entrees were delivered, in walks my flower girl and her husband!!  If you've been following my blog for very long, you'll remember that Alise was the flower girl in Hallie's wedding, too.  Love this sweet girl!
Lucky for us, the church Halloween carnival that we had planned to take Alise to yesterday afternoon...well, it started raining, so we told Alise we just weren't going to be able to make it.  Besides, she needed to study about ecosystems and deciferous forests.  Go figure.

We went to church yesterday morning and part of Bill's sermon was about protecting our kids from the internet.  Lo and behold, what do I do?  I let Alise have access to Instagram.  Some of her close friends at school have Instagram accounts, and I may regret it one day, but Alise really is a responsible kid and is also a trustworthy one {for now}.  I still have the fear of God in her.  Her account is private and she cannot put any pictures out there or follow anyone unless I approve it first.  Both Wayne and I are following her so we can see what she does.  I have not shown her the "explore" feature and I hope she doesn't discover that for a while.  The good thing about her being on Instagram is that it's one more thing I can hold over her head and take away if necessary for punishment because she absolutely LOVES it!  She loves looking at everyone's pictures.  I have let her friend K and another cheerleader that was her coach during cheer week.  She has looked at their pictures over and over again {after I made the first pass}.  I've sent her some pictures from my phone to put out there and she gets so excited when someone likes her pictures.  It's neat for her and so far, I don't have a problem with her having it on her ipad.  She has not discovered the internet really yet {I was worried about her going on You Tube, but I nipped that in the bud}, but she does like to text on some of the games she plays.  We had to have a come-to-Jesus meeting about that and she is no longer allowed to text on her games.  It's hard being a parent!

We are slammed this week with Halloween activities!  I'm hoping and praying that Alise's teachers will bless us with a light schedule this week!

1 comment:

  1. We are doing the same thing with Carter on Instagram. He is on there but doesn't do anything without my permission. He was really excited about it at first but that has worn off and he hasn't really mentioned it too much.

    ReplyDelete