Friday, October 25, 2013

5 On Friday

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

I'm linking up again this week with The Good Life Blog for the "5 on Friday" link up party.  

one.
If you are a Duck Dynasty fan, then you will have TWO more reasons to visit my home town.  Willie is in the process of opening up a restaurant called "Willie's Duck Diner," featuring Cajun and Creole cuisine.  Price range is $10-$30.  His wife, Korie, will be opening a clothing "lifestyle boutique" soon called "Duck & Dressing."  Both husband and wife will be making their movie debut in Spring 2014 in "Gods Not Dead."  Just a little DD news for ya!

two.
 Last night I went to a painting party.  It was at my old high school, so you can imagine how creepy that was!  Here's my picture!  I can't believe I painted this!  I have NO artistic ability what so ever!!  But I love it!

three.
I think I've finally found an "historical TV show" that I can get excited about again.  That is, until the return of Downton Abbey in January.  The name of the show is "Reign" and it comes on the CW channel at 8:00 on Thursday nights. The setting takes place in 16th century France and revolves around Mary, Queen of Scots. I really, really liked this show last week {since I was at the painting party, I haven't watched last night's episode}.  Check it out and let me know what you think!

four.
Last week on my 5 at Friday post, I mentioned John Grisham's new book, Sycamore Row.  It came out this Tuesday and I'm about a third of the way into it and I'm loving it!!  The book takes place three years after A Time To Kill.  Of course, Matthew McConaughey will always be Jake Brigance in my mind!

five.
I made some A-MAZing recipes this week!  You'll have to check back on Monday for my Menu Plan post for more details, but I'll leave you with some hints here:

Easy Pepper Steak
Spaghetti Boats
Disney Loaded Potato Soup

Thanks for stopping by and reading our blog!
And Happy Weekend!
I hope yours is filled with lots of Halloween goodness!

6 comments:

  1. Your painting looks great! I still haven't gotten my hands on a copy of Sycamore Row but am so glad to hear that it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm following now thanks to the linkup! YAY! girl, i love that painting!!! it's amazing! you rocked it! how festive too :)

    happy friday!
    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you painting! Yay you!!!! I did read the articles about his wife in Austin - hope it's not true but you never know! Maybe all the pressure to stay on top is too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. following you now- glad I found ya! Can I just agree with everything you said in number 4?? haha enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you picture! You did so good. Where are going to hang it? Y'all have a great weekend.

    Roll Tide!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the painting you girls did! They look great!

    ReplyDelete