Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Halloween Plans

Can you believe Halloween is like next week?  Oh. my. goodness!  The month of October has literally flown by!

How do you guys celebrate Halloween?  Do you go trick-or-treating with friends or stay home and pass out candy?  Does your church have a carnival or trunk-or-treat?  Do you have a special meal that you always fix on Halloween?  Does your community set aside the Saturday before October 31st to trick-or-treat?

For years, we've always gotten together with friends for Halloween.  What started out as the kids and the mama's, turned into the daddies being included, too, and they love it just as much!  We all load up and head over to a nice subdivision, hook up the Ranger and the trailer filled with hay bails to sit on, and head out.  Clint usually wears his scary mask while he's either driving the Ranger or directing the girls to houses with a flashlight.  It is so funny to see the other trick-or-treaters just stare at him as they pass by.  I wear my poodle skirt {This year, I think I might wear a baseball shirt I saw that had the Ghostbuster ghost on it that said, "I ain't afraid of no ghost!}.  The kids have a BLAST and we're waving to friends and hollering to people we know down the street.  Decorated golf carts and trailers are all over the place because the neighborhood we visit is rather big and spacious.  After trick-or-treating, we usually come back to our house and have a small party with appetizers, chili, and desserts.  It's nearly midnight when we shut 'er down.  I really wish that our town government would mandate that trick-or-treating be on the Saturday before Halloween, that way, we wouldn't have to worry about school the next day, but so far, that hasn't happened.

I'm wanting to try some new appetizers this year for our small party.  Here's what I've come up with!
Halloween treats.  Witches Broomsticks


Halloween Rice Krispy Treats Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

candy corn cupcakes!  soooooo cute and festive!

Nutter Butters dipped in white chocolate for Halloween.

Halloween.  Bowl full of bones.  Pretzels - marshmallows - white chocolate! awesome

Ha!  I realize I said appetizers above, but these are more like desserts, I guess.

Our party is not that big so I thought I might just try a few of everything.  I actually made the Nutter Butter ghosts for Alise's class last Friday and Alise said everyone loved them.  Mr. Horton finished off the extras that she brought home.  For the Rice Krispie thingies, I thought I would buy the ones already made and just dip them.  That's easy enough!  So I guess I need to be stocking up on white chocolate, huh? 

Before I go, I wanted to show off a collage that I made of Baby Girl's visit to the Pumpkin Patch through the years.  Where has my little girl gone? 

Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday where you are!  The weekend is almost here!

2 comments:

  1. Your Halloween night tradition sounds like a blast! We usually trick or treat in our neighborhood and then pass out candy at home when we are done.

    We made the witch brooms a couple of weekends ago and they are cute and tasty! You might make sure the chocolate is soft and warm before sticking the pretzel sticks in...several of peanut butter cups cracked...not pretty but they tasted the same.

    The collage didn't show up on my computer...boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween!!

    We always load up in the part van and go through the upscale neighborhoods, pretty fun. We normally stop by the church festival. Unfortunately, we won't be going this year because of school night. I let the kids choose this time around. They love going door to door.

    We will be having a Hulk and Cleopatra on board this Halloween. Katie is excited that she will have the opportunity to stay up a little late. I told her that she could go to bed at 9:00. I'll probably regret it in the morning.

    Love the "dessert" ideas. Y'all have fun!



    ReplyDelete