Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursday Ramblings

So it looks like Blogger and I are at it again.  Back to our love/hate relationship.  For some reason, I can't post comments anymore.  And that ticks me off.  I like to leave comments.  So if you don't hear from me, it's not because I'm not reading, it's because Blogger won't let me.

Alise brought signed papers home on Monday and her lowest grade was a 98!  Wah-hoo!!!  This has actually been an easy study week for us.  Other than a really big Social Studies test, we've been able to enjoy the evenings and let me just say, that it has been oh so nice!!  She still has a total of 6 tests this week but we now have all A's in every subject except reading and she is only 2 points away from that.  Baby Girl can do it!!

My boots arrived!!

Once the shoe guy brought to my attention the "V" detail, those babies were sold!  But I do know little girl that was disappointed at first.  We had told her that another "prize" would be arriving for her through the mail.  She was oh-so hoping one of my boot boxes would be for her.

So once the boots arrived, that was all the permission I needed to try a new soup recipe!  Last night, we had Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup.  It was really yummy, but not quite the consistency I normally like {I used milk to cut the calories}.  I'm going to keep working on it and maybe compare it to some other tomato soup recipes out there to find out what it's missing. Of course, I'm comparing to Panera Bread's tomato soup, so go figure.  Theirs is the bomb!!  But guess what!!  Mr. Horton tried it!!  I was so proud of him! He liked it, but I can tell it didn't rank right up there with the taco soup that he loves, but he still tried it and ate it!  He agreed with me that something was just missing.

I'm 75% finished with The Longest Ride, Nicolas Sparks' new book.  I like it.  But the book is two total ends of the spectrum.  It's really two books in one and I'm wanting to finish to find out how he pulls all of it together.  I would kinda compare it to The Notebook, in a way, but not quite.  One of the main characters is a cowboy and I can't help but picture a younger Matthew McConaghey as him.  With that Texas drawl, tan skin, and tight wranglers.  Yikes!!

Y'all have a great weekend!  Mr. Horton and I will be cleaning up outside for a couples baby shower next weekend at the cook shack.  It will be a BBQ with all the works.  Of course it will!  Because that's how I roll!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the boots! Roll Tide - I'll miss the game because we are headed to Vegas and Bryce Canyon or Zion- it's a surprise for my birthday!! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for good test scores!!! Also that soup sounds delish- I will have to try it!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete