Monday, September 23, 2013

Horton Family Favorites

My friend, Faith, has been designing my blog for a while now and I got her to design some new tags for me to use in my Meal Plan Monday posts!  Sooo stinking excited to use my new tags!!

One of the tags she designed is "Horton Family Favorites" and here it is:

I plan to use this tag in my meal plan posts to designate a new recipe that I've tried and LOVED!! Not just an ordinary recipe that was oh-hum, but one that REALLY KNOCKED OUR SOCKS OFF and one that we could eat again and again!!  When you see the "Horton Seal of Approval,"  you'll know it will be worth it to prepare for your own family and friends!

Deal?

Deal!

And what better way to start using my new "HFF" tag than to go ahead and introduce you to some of our family favorites that I've posted in the past?!

Here goes.

1.  Crockpot General TSO's Chicken.  I fell in love with this recipe the first time I saw it on Pinterest!  It was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!  But I was very skeptical about making Chinese food because I thought it would require lots of unusual ingredients.  Until I read the list!  Y'all, all these things are in your pantry already!!  Except for me.  I had to buy the honey, but still!!  TRY THIS RECIPE!!  You will not be disappointed!

2.  Miranda Lambert's Mom's Meatloaf.  My dad hated meatloaf growing up, so my mom didn't make it that much.  Mr. Horton and I have been married for nearly 19 years and I bet I've made meatloaf once.  Until now.  I made this a few weeks ago and forgot to mention just how unbelievable it is!  The ketchup sauce and sausage really make this meatloaf!  So even if you're not a fan of ML, you still need to try this recipe {I halfed the recipe and it was plenty for us}. Super duper delish!

3.  Marinated Grilled Shrimp.  Perfect for summer!  Need I say more?

4.  My Absolute Favorite Chocolate Cake.  I found this recipe several years ago in a Better Homes & Gardens magazine and my life has never been the same.  Not for this chocolate lover!  Don't let all the steps fool you.  The cake is amazing and I may or may have not made the cake and simply substituted canned chocolate frosting instead of the real thing {But don't tell my brother and SIL that!} a time or two.

5.  Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake.  This recipe is GREAT for brunches, office breakfasts, teacher lounges, neighbor happies, and the list goes on.  How do I know?  Because I've made it on all these occasions and got rave reviews.  Simple and perfect.

So there you have it!  FIVE new recipes to add to your recipe repertoire.  

Just remember!  If you make one {or two or three}, come back and tell me about it!

I've also pinned a Horton Family Favorite board on Pinterest.  Go HERE if you would like to follow.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Your seal of approval tag looks great and I love the idea of a family favorites board on Pinterest. I need to do that. So many times I am looking for a recipe and this would make it so easy to find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! That General TSO is happening at our house this week! Can't wait to hear about Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can vouch personally on that chocolate cake!! To die for! I'm ready to make the TSO chicken again. B was out of town and didn't get to try it so it's mostly for him... Ha! The boys and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete