Sunday, September 22, 2013

Menu Plan Monday ~ September 23

Ok.  That's it!!

It's time for some cold weather meals around here!

I'm Laura, and I'm joining the "other Laura," also known as, The Orgjunkie, for another weekly edition of Menu Plan Monday.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting our family blog!

I am oh-so hoping that my days of "glistening" are over!

In case you didn't know, that's what we call sweating here in the South.
For the last two weekends, we have had some A-MAZing cooler temps that have had me throwing open the windows and bringing out the boots.  Unfortunately, those temps haven't lasted during the week, but here's still hoping. 


Here's last week's menu:
Monday
Tuesday
 TACOOOOOOOOOOS! {CHECK}

Wednesday
Crockpot General TSO Chicken  {CHECK}
Brown Rice

Thursday
Hamburger sliders & French Fries  Frozen Pizza

Friday
Out of town!  Yay!   {CHECK}

Saturday
Still out of town!  Yay! Yay!  {CHECK}

Sunday
Baked Parmesan Tilapia  Fair food
Best Broccoli
Cheesy Rice

Desserts for the Week:
Heath Bar Cookies  {CHECK}

If you remember the weekend before, I got a little lazy.  I didn't cook any meals, however....I did do some baking!  I was a cookie making machine!  Along with the Heath Bar Cookies, I also made some Candy Corn Cookies last week.  If you like Candy Corn, then these are the cookies for you!

And here are the Heath Bar Cookies.  This recipe makes LOTS of cookies.  I finally had to just turn the oven off.  But they are oh-so yummy!!
Here's this week's menu:
Monday
DiGiorno's Pizza

Tuesday
Tacos {Again!  Bleh!  But there's a reason for this!}

Wednesday
Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Thursday
Chicken Pockets
Scalloped potatoes
Black eyed peas

Friday
Homecoming at Alise's school 

Saturday

Sunday
Smothered Deer Steak
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Corn, okra, and rolls

Desserts for the Week:
Chocolate Cake

I've planned some hearty meals this week!

And don't knock the DiGiorno's pizza!  We buy them at Sam's and there are three in a box.  They are delicious and since Monday is a late night with us because Alise has art, I have to plan something simple and easy.

Two new recipes this week as well!

I've had my eye on these two new recipes since August!  Just been waitin' for Mother Nature to cooperate.  And even if the weather doesn't, we'll just turn the thermostat down low and chow down!  Mr. Horton will have to live on the edge and try a new soup this week!

Here's hoping for a new Horton Family Favorite!

{If you would like to follow my HFF Board on Pinterest, click HERE}

Have a TASTY week!

1 comment:

  1. I should join this link up!! I'm menu planning today :) yours looks yummy!! Oh and I love the term "glistening"! Haha!

    ReplyDelete