Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happy, Happy, Happy

First off today, I have to tell you a funny story about Baby Girl.

I always ask Alise on the way home from church what her Sunday School lesson was on {making sure she's paying attention}.  This past Sunday when I asked her, she said, "It was about some dude with alotta kids."

Sista say what?

So then I had to think about it.

Was it Jacob {Thinking about all his chirrens}?

Before I could ask her, she said, "God told him his kids would be like the stars."

Isn't it amazing what they pick up at this age?  

So of course, I had to explain what God REALLY meant when He told Abraham that his descendants would be like the stars in Heaven.

But in all seriousness, it made me realize that I really need to do a better job with my daughter when it comes to teaching her about the Bible.  I don't spend enough time with her teaching her about God's word and I have to admit that I'm ashamed about that.  My dad use to take extra time with me on Sunday mornings before church to go over my lesson and I believe that that extra time had alot to do with me accepting Jesus as my Savior in the third grade.  I can still remember walking down the aisle that Sunday night in my pink Easter dress.  

God is so good and He has blessed me and my family!

Now.

My Alabama cousin, Mirya {visit her blog here} knows me all too well.  She asked me last week what I did for a first-day-of-school teacher gift, or what I like to refer to as, a little "happy."

A little "happiness" can go a long way, Peeps!

I had been searching on Pinterest for a while to come up with ideas of what I wanted to do.  The final product was a little bit of this and a little bit of that and it cost less than $10.

I actually started the project on Sunday before school, but I forgot to get the flowers on Tuesday evening, so Alise ended up taking Ms. R's happy to school on Thursday.  She said Ms. R gave her a huge hug and told her that she loved it!



The flowers {Alise picked them out!} look a little too big for the vase, but I promise I smashed 'em down some more and they didn't end up looking so overwhelmingly {is that a word?} big.

How do y'all like Baby Girl's outfit?  

TJ Maxx, y'all! 

Those are the cutest shorts and all the rage this summer {I may have a pair or two myself, but I ordered mine online.  You will die when I show you what I paired the shorts up with!  Mr. Horton almost did!}.  

You can't see Alise's blouse, because of the flowers {maybe I didn't smash the flowers down hard enough after all?  What can I say? I like things BIG!}, but down the middle is a little lace applique.  It is so cute!

I don't know about you, but I have LOVED seeing all the back-to-school pics in Blog Land.  So, so much fun getting to see all the chirrens in their outfits and backpacks!

Hope you are having a fun week! 

I am linking up with these blogs this week:

Much Ado About Something
Serenity Now
Be Different, Act Normal

No comments:

Post a Comment