Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Camo & Bling

Hello, Everyone!

And thank you for stopping by to read our family blog!

Ok.  Whether you want to admit it or not, camouflage is making a come back.

There.  You heard it here first.

And just in time for hunting season, no doubt.

But living in the same town as the "Duck Dynasty" folks, I can't help but think they might have a little something to do with it, too {Don't forget to catch the new episode tonight on A&E}.

Remember Alise's lace shorts in this picture {TJ Maxx. Just overlook the dead day lillies.  Wayne says they're not dead, but they look it to me!}?
And remember how I told you that I may or may not have ordered myself similar shorts off the internet?

And remember how I said that you would DIE when I showed you what I paired them up with?!

Viola!


Remember how I told you that THIS was my go-to outfit?
Well, it still is, but now it's running a close second. Navy and yellow are always classic in my book.

The first time I put the camo outfit on, Mr. Horton grinned from ear to ear {he's an avid hunter} and said, "Wow, Baby!  You're wearing camouflage!!  I like it!"  He really liked it!

Now, you have to understand.  I'm not a camo girl.  I don't hunt.  And I don't wear camouflage.

But I've been following several fashionista blogs for wardrobe ideas, and one of them said that camo was hot for Fall.  Then I happened to be in Dillard's and came across the shirt on the sale rack.  And...

It has bling!!


Now, BLING is a different story!

This girl can wear some bling!

I paired it with some gold sandals and now I'm in love!  

The perfect outfit to finish the summer season!

{If Fall doesn't hurry up and get here, I may go postal!}

And just before I go, I wanted to show you our monogrammed shirts from "The Stylish Stitch."  Alise wore hers to school today!
We love them!  Every little girl needs one!  They are the "in" thing.  Go HERE to buy yours now!

3 comments:

  1. I got lucky and found an anwesome "buy 3 get 1 free"on monogrammed shirts for Sofia during the summer! Love them!

    Loving your camo/lace combo!! And you know I love the DD clan so I of course tuned in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are 2 cute!! I was in Target the other day and they had camo flats for me for only $5.00. I could have kicked myself for not getting them! We live 45 mins from the closet Target.

    ReplyDelete