Sunday, August 18, 2013

Menu Plan Monday ~ August 19th

Hey y'all and welcome to The Horton Family Blog!
You can find out a little more about me by clicking HERE.
For a short ketsup {Get it?  "Catch up"?  "Ketchup?"  I crack myself up!} of what's been going on in our world, click HERE and HERE.

Oh and just for KIX {I won't go there...}, see our hall renovation HERE.

This is my FIRST week to link up with Laura, the OrgJunkie for MENU PLAN MONDAY!

Why am I doing this?
Whell.....

Let's just say that I've lost my mojo for cooking.
It died somewhere between....I don't know....
The end of the school year
and
the beginning of a new school year.

Do y'all hear me?!

It's called Summer, Peeps!

And loosing a best friend that loved to cook as much as I did, the sharing of recipes, reading cookbooks, and the excitement of trying new recipes just fizzled.

Fizzled so much that even Pinterest couldn't revive me!

So then I got this hair brained idea that MAYBE {and that's a BIG maybe} if I started posting a weekly menu on my blog, I might "regain" some of that cooking mojo and I just MIGHT get interested in cooking again.

What do y'all think?

Now there are three things you need to know.

1.  I don't always go by the menu {Oh, dear! Mouth over open mouth!}.

2.  Nevah, evah, evah take your husband and eight year old daughter to the grocery store with you {there's a story behind that one}.

and

3.  I've learned a very valuable lesson over the last few years and that's don't go to the grocery store hungry or without a list.

Can I get an Amen?

 When I say I don't go by the menu, I simply mean I may mix up a few days.  Like I may substitute Monday for Thursday.  It can even mean that we decide to eat out.  Or that I've come home and absolutely refused to cook.

It's just a PLAN.

So here goes.
My first Menu Plan Monday!

Monday
Crockpot General TSO's Chicken - Click HERE for recipe {I'm going to do the stove top version because I need my crockpot on Tuesday}
Brown rice

Tuesday
Crockpot Chicken Tacos - Click HERE for the recipe
Refried Beans

Wednesday
Ham & Cheese Crescent Rollups
Chips

Thursday
Lasagna {It's ok if it's Stouffer's, right??}
Garlic Bread

Friday
Bacon Burger Sliders on Hawaiian sweet rolls
French Fries

Saturday
Eating out!  Yeah!!

Sunday
Mexican Casserole - Click HERE for my very own recipe!
Corn

Desserts for the Week
Mississippi Mud Dessert {Mr. Horton called this "4 Layer Delight" growing up}
Trisha Yearwood's Lemon Squares {I love to watch her cooking show on Saturday mornings!}

So there ya have it, folks!

Make sure you come back to find out just how well I did with this PLAN.  I'll update this menu and show you what we "really" ate this week as well as post another menu.  I'll even show you my grocery bill!  

I think I might just turn this hair brained idea into a little game to see which weeks I spend the least amount of $$$$!!!

I might just get my cooking mojo back after all!!
P.S. My family would LOVE that!!

4 comments:

  1. sounds like a plan! ;) I'm like you, I make a menu but I change up the days. I don't want to "be told" what to cook on Mon, etc. lol! :) Those crockpot chicken tacos are delicious. I've made those several times. The meat is yummy even with such few ingred!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan! I am soon going to start planning for the week. Just gotta get my head aroun it! lol Of course I'm back on Atkins so I can't really eat anything but meat so that takes the fun out of it a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh!! I actually menu planned this week too! Supper is in the crock pot as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! My menu would include leftovers from the night before. LOL! I'll have to try the Crockpot Chicken Tacos. We've had the chili version and it was delish. I try to make a weekly menu, but we can never go by each day either. It depends on the type of attitude temperature around the house. Today was leftovers from this past weekend.

    Can't wait to see your posts about the recipes. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete