Sunday, October 23, 2011

She Called Me, "Precious!"

Guess who I got to meet last week!!
Align Center

And she called me, "Precious!!!!"

Y'all!

Paula Deen is everything that she is on TV!!! She is very gracious, funny, LOUD, loves to laugh, and has BIG hair {a girl after my own heart!}!! Her husband, Michael, came with her. It was a long {and frustrating} wait, but so worth it when I walked up with my books and she said in that famous, Southern drawl, "Well, don't you just look precious??!!" It made my day!!! She told me that she liked my vest, too {Little did she know it was as old as the hills and came from Walmart!}!!

Of course there were rules and personal photos with Paula were not allowed. But I did run into some friends while I was there. I saw my hairdresser, A, in the line to buy books. Leigh and I were in line before the doors opened at 9:00!



And the book store's getting-a-number-and-waiting-in-line idea was definitely not planned by a woman.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that. Ahem!

7 comments:

  1. I'm SO JEALOUS! Love her!!!! :-) So fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Glad you got to meet her! She came to our Wal-mart, the dirtiest place in our city--ugh! I didn't even hear about it until that day and I had a mtg at school, so couldn't go. You got some good pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW AWESOME! I love her! How cool she thought you were precious! OF course we bloggers knew that though already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I would have wanted to go if I had known about it...but somehow I didn't find out until that night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wished I could have been there. I just love her! I'm so glad you and Leigh had the opportunity to meet her. I'm still talking Doug into a trip to Savannah. I would love to see the sights and eat at her restaurant. To have the chance to meet would be awesome. How exciting for you! I'm so glad y'all had such a great time, minus the organization of the book signing. (HAHA!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to hear your experience was a fun one (well, except for the wait!) We were in Savannah yesterday and ate at the Lady & Sons to celebrate my daughter's birthday. It was yummy. It was the 1st time my husband had eaten there and he really liked it.

    Have a super Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shut the front door! I love Paula Deen!

    ReplyDelete