Monday, October 24, 2011

The Indian Post Follow Up

Some of you emailed me and wanted to know why I closed the comments for what is comically being referred to as, "The Indian Post." You're right. I've never done that before, but the truth is, I didn't want anyone's comments - negative or positive. It was something that happened, that upset me tremendously, and I voiced my opinion verbally and here.

That situation happened on a Friday. By Sunday - and I didn't go to church on Sunday - I began wrestling with the fact about "doing the Christian thing." Should I say anything? Should I cause a big stink? Because in all honesty, I just want everyone to get along. But I think I handled the situation as best I could for myself and for my family. I didn't call any other parents and start a "committee." I didn't confront the family that did this. I may be guilty of sending a few crazy texts out to some close friends, but that's about it. It happened. It's over. And I'm moving on.

But they better not do it again.

So while I've been battling the Indians on campus {Me versus the Indians! That is so stinkin' funny!}, it's been Mommie. Fail. in Halloween Decorating 101. I never finished putting out all my decorations. And for all you optimistic peeps that are thinking it's not too late and that I still have time, well, maybe next year will be better. I DID get Alise's Halloween costume ordered and it came in this week. All $36.87 of it! Does it LOOK like a $36.87 costume? No. And because Target failed me in the costumes this year, beggars can't be choosers {But she's still gonna make a darn cute ladybug!}.

I also won't be attending Alise's Halloween party at school this year. I feel a twitch. I think I'm getting the shakes because guess who's in charge of it!! Lawd, I hope they don't bring Indian food!! And just to be sure, you can guarantee that I'll be making a phone call to see what's on the party menu!

And speaking of food, I love my Mama! She called me last Sunday night and wanted to see us. I felt so bad because we were in the middle of something and I promised to see her Tuesday night. Last Monday, I called her and said, "Mama? Will you do me a favor? Will you make me some chicken and dumplings?" Or course she said yes, so that's what we had for supper on Tuesday. I love Mama's chicken and dumplings and I was craving some go ol' comfort food. Mamas and comfort food just go together sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. You know I can't say I wouldn't have done the same darn thing! It frustrates me immensely that our society is so worried about offending other cultures/religions yet no one gives a rat's behind if a christian is offended. It's pretty backwards if you ask me. I like your idea about the International Culture day thing. That is a great compromise.

    ReplyDelete