Friday, July 29, 2011

What I'm Lovin Friday

It's baaaaack!!

This WILF post is a long time coming! I hate that summer is nearly over and I haven't shared these great finds with you! I feel like I've cheated my dear readers of some summer ideas! Most of what I have to show you are GREAT looking summer recipes, so hopefully you can still take advantage of them for the last month of summer!

First and foremost, I am lovin our one and only, favorite cousin from the great state of Alabama! She ALSO has a July Birthday! I did not purposefully leave sweet Katie out, but I blogged my last post rather quickly and didn't have time to ask Mirya for a picture of her. So....Cousin Katie turned SIX on July 23rd and she deserves to be listed in the great "July Birthdays Hall of Fame" right under her Uncle Wayne! Happy Birthday Katie! We love you!

Summer just wouldn't be summer without watermelon! Don't you agree? I've noticed in our local grocery stores that now you can buy pre-sliced watermelon! Is that not awesome or what? Maybe you already knew that and I'm just now jumping on the "pre-sliced" band wagon, but I just think that is such a clever idea! I like {not love} watermelon, but I really, really hate cutting it up! Mostly because I don't have a knife long enough to do the melon justice. Last weekend when we were in Williams and Sonoma, they actually sold "watermelon knives"! Having said ALL of that, who couldn't go for some watermelon waffles? Perfect for a summer brunch! Did you even notice the chocolate chips for seeds? Love it! And just one more watermelon idea that I've seen uses a hulled watermelon as a punchbowl! So cute!

We'll soon be investing in these great pool toys so I wanted to show you a neat summer craft by Alexis. Wouldn't this activity make the perfect craft for a pool party? Just think of all the color combos the kids could make! Fun times and that's why I'm lovin it!

Okay, so if watermelon and summer go hand-in-hand, what do you think about lemonade? And more specifically, a lemonade stand? Is that not the cutest thing you've evah seen? Wow! Maybe next summer, Wayne and I can help Alise set up her own lemonade stand - it's something I've always wanted to do myself as a kid. What I like about it, too, are the little extra baked treats! I think this is the perfect activity for a big neighborhood! As for the lemonade, I want to try it because of the cream. It's something different and that's why I'm lovin it!

I love, love, love this Beach Ball Fruit Pizza!! Wouldn't this make a great center piece for a pool party? It's so colorful and easy peasy!

Last year for Alise's Ice Cream Party, I made tissue paper poms and had them hanging over the island and they turned out wonderful! Quite easy to make, too! So I was even more surprised to find this tutorial for hanging doilies!! I think it's a much different look from the poms and I love the colors. Seems to have a very soft feel and that's why I'm lovin it!

The last thing I want to share with you will hopefully lead into my next WILF post {which I can't promise will be NEXT Friday, but stay tuned. It WILL be before school starts!}. Edible Paint for Sandwich Painting. Say what? You heard me! Friends, get ready! This may be a new FANTASTIC way to spice up our kids lunches for school. How awesome is using cookie cutters for designs and letting your children PAINT their sandwich? I think this is SO neat that Alise and I will be trying it VERY soon! And anything that has me and Baby Girl in the kitchen has me lovin' it!!

If you have a post or something you've seen on the internet that you would like to include in "What I'm Lovin' Fridays," email me the link and I will be more than happy to include it in my post as well as give you credit and kudos for sending it!

I'm going to set up a "What I'm Lovin' Fridays" label on the right side of my blog so that if you see something you like and can't remember where it was, you'll be able to find it in my archives.

Y'all have a great weekend! Stay cool and have FUN!!

3 comments:

  1. Laura, thanks so much for posting my noodle necklace! Have a great weekend,
    xo,
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute ideas! I especially love the edible paints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't love cutting watermelon, but it's better than paying out the wazoo for the pre-cut stuff!

    ReplyDelete