Monday, August 01, 2011

Our Weekend In Pictures

Happy August!

And "Happy Birthday," Daddy!

I hope you had a great weekend! Ours was low-key and laid back...just the way I like it!

Say "Hello" to my new red chair for the living room! On Friday afternoon, we headed to Mississippi to my favorite furniture store. After a year {this weekend marked our one year anniversary of being in our new home}, it was time for coffee tables, end tables and me a "happy spot" in the living room. I can't wait for everything to be delivered this Friday!

After furniture shopping, we tried a new restaurant, Mugshots. Wayne had one of their famous burgers and I had the quesadilla rollups. Mighty tasty! Here are my two favorite people playing the DSI while we waited for our food.

On Saturday morning, we slept in and while I made sausage and biscuits, Alise wrote a sweet letter to her kindergarten dancing partner and we included some photos. Her letter/card put a smile on my face. Then we went to the library for new books to read. I'm beginning to panic with school starting in two weeks that we haven't read enough this summer. I mean, we have read and Alise is done very well with it, but I'm just worried that it's not enough.
We came home, took a nap, and after we woke up, Alise and I made Orange Juliuses. They turned out so good, but Wayne suggested that we work on the ice consistency. He thought the slivers of ice were still too big. Oh, well. I love spending time with Alise in the kitchen!!
Next, I made my favorite lasagna recipe for lunch after church on Sunday, but I decided to divide the recipe into two batches so that I can have an easy supper ready later on. Perferably, an upcoming school night. I can't believe school starts in 16 days for us!! Wow!
We met my mom and dad for an early supper at Newk's. I was a Good Girl and passed on the three layer chocolate cake. Oh, how I could've had that!
After supper, we went to Sam's. I like Sam's, but we don't go very often because we always end up spending a fortune and this time was no exception! Our Sam's is in the middle of a renovation/expansion phase, too.

This morning, Alise and I went to church while Wayne headed to the camp to meet the guy that will begin the demolition of our camp this week.


This afternoon, I took Alise to see our local theater's performance of "The Wizard of Oz" and it was amazing!! Alise and I both loved every minute of it - except she was nervous about meeting the actors after the show. Luckily, we ran into a friend from school and that was the ONLY way I could get a picture of her with them! We even knew some of the actors, too!


Alise with Pepper, aka "Toto."


Alise with Mr. Ritchie.
Alise with Miss Laura
Alise with a friend.
Alise with the cast of "The Wizard of Oz" and a friend from school and another guest.
Final performances are this upcoming weekend. If you are interested in going, I would suggest buying tickets ASAP. Today's performance was sold out and when I bought our tickets on Thursday, the phones were ringing non-stop for orders to next week's shows. You can order tickets over the phone or buy them at the Strauss Ticket Office.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I love shopping for furniture. We bought two new pieces a couple of weeks ago.

    I've been noticing a change in Alise looks from your pictures. She's getting so big and absolutely beautiful.

    Your parents look well. Please tell them hello for us.

    I hope y'all are staying cool. We've already been given a heads up for this week. We're expected to be under a heat advisory for the next few days. We just can't stay outside for a long length of time.

    Sorry we can't make it Labor Day. I know y'all will have a great time. Enjoy that pool, I have a feeling we will all need to stay close to air conditioning and water for the whole month. LOL!

    How cool was it that Alise got to meet the cast of The Wizard of Oz. You tell her that I'm so jealous. I would love to have met them. I'm a huge fan. :) Doug and I are talking about taking a mini trip to Nashville with the kids. Opryland Hotel's Country Christmas special "ICE" is featuring DreamWorks characters this year. They have packages right now on sale to stay at the hotel for a couple of days, tickets to go to the ICE and a couple of opportunities to meet characters like Shrek, Fiona, Po, and Alex the Lion from Madagascar. I think the kids would LOVE it. Doug wanted to look at the package details first before we make reservations.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love furniture shopping! Well... browsing. We've been to SO many different furniture stores and have only ever made one purchase. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chair you picked out! How fun! We had a low key weekend too.

    ReplyDelete