Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Porkchop & Potato Casserole

When Wayne and I were newlyweds, I use to make 'Porkchop & Potato Casserole.' It was from the "Pioneers' Cookbook" in case anyone is interested, which was actually a wedding gift from one of our elderly bookkeepers at the CPA firm where I was working at the time. I've since lost the cookbook, but I've been craving the recipe. So I improvised and this is what I came up with:

Porkchop & Potato Casserole

1 pkg of breakfast pork chops (thin)
seasoning {salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder}
oil for frying
1 can condensed cream of potato soup
4 oz. sour cream
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 pound of frozen hash brown potatoes
1 cup of shredded cheese
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese

Season and fry porkchops until slightly brown. In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, and garlic powder. Add potatoes and cheddar cheese. Pour into a 13 x 9 baking dish and layer porkchops on top. Bake in 350 oven for 45-60 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese the last 10 minutes of baking. Serve with a vegetable {I made baked beans} or a salad and rolls. Delish!

The only difference from this recipe and the one I use to make 15 years ago is that it called for french fried onions and this recipe did not. I actually had some on hand, but forgot to add them in, so you might think about doing it.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds really good!!! printing out now, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. made last nite, it was delicious!!! approved by my family! :) thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete