Thursday, October 07, 2010

Fire Hazard

Looks like I've probably created a fire hazard with all the spider webbing I've got going on with the lighting over the island. I put this up on Sunday afternoon and it looks so much better in person. I'll be working on finishing my Halloween decorating this weekend {after I help with the garage-sale-to-end-all-garage-sales on Saturday. Yep! Looks like I'm going to miss the Bama game and I'm just SICK about it!}! Anyhoo, I'll be sure to post pics early next week.

Did you ever get out of school for Columbus Day? Me neither. Alise does.

Speaking of Alise, the little tapper got a note sent home in her backpack on Tuesday saying that her drawing had been selected to give to the Homecoming Queen this Friday at the school pep rally. To say she was wild with excitement would be an understatement. But when I told her that she couldn't wear flip flops {because the note said to wear something "dressy"}, the drama was on!! And when I told her that we had to go BUY new church shoes so that she could wear them with her dressy dress on Friday, whell, you can just imagine how well that went over, too.

It's official. The Halloween party is scheduled for Saturday, October 23rd from 5:00 - 7:00.

Some of you have asked for pics of my new nephew, Baylor. All in time, my Pretties. I need to get permission first from my brother. He is anti Blog and Facebook. How can a computer programmer be anti Blog and Facebook {Michael, if you are reading this please feel free to share your reasons in the comment section.}!?

Who knew that Roman shades were so expensive? $462 for one window?? We're looking into other Roman options.

We sold the Cinderella castle on Craig's List and decided to keep the swing set {move it to the new house}.

Supper Club and inviting friends over for supper have totally wrecked havic on my diet. It no longer exists. The diet part.

That's all I've got for this fine Thursday. Gotta get back to decorating horseshoe cookies for homecoming tomorrow. Just a little something for Alise's class to celebrate the festivities.

Peace out to my Homies and I hope your favorite team wins BIG this weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love Halloween decorations? we finally got ours up. Makes me sad that they will be up for such a short time.

    How exciting for Alise!!! We need pics of that for sure.

    Can't believe you have to miss the game.

    My kids are out both Fri and Mon for Columbus Day--yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to have a garage sale too. Your decorations look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Window dressings are SO expensive, especially when you get into ordering special sizes. We have funky windows and are getting ready to go down this road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so far behind. AS for Columbus Day, we get it off too & 1/2 day on Friday. But since the fair is across the street, I just figured that was the reason. I didn't realize everybody got it off.

    How cool for Alise! I know she was beside herself with excitment.

    We have been invited to several Halloween parties this year. usually all we have to do is trick or treat.

    As for the diet issue, I've eaten more food in the past 4 days than I have in weeks! I'm stuffed!

    ReplyDelete