Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Shopping at Pier 1

So many of you commented last week on my post about being ready for Halloween. Looks like we're ALL ready for some cooler temps and a little bit of Fall decorating.

Last night, I had some time to kill before I picked up Alise from cheer practice so I decided to stop in Pier 1 because S {the friend that's helping me decorate, if you remember} suggested I stop in and see if they had anything new. Forget trying to decorate the house! I was - and am - ready to decorate for Halloween!!

Here are just a few cute things that I saw last night:These felt pumpkin placemats are SO cute! The measurements are perfect and so inexpensive at $2.95 each. I plan on buying 4 for our new table.

Flameless candles are so safe and these are too cute to pass up! Another steal at $2.95 each.
This pumpkin cage is huge but would look perfect as a table centerpiece for a Fall party. I think it would even look great sitting outside on Halloween night amid a bunch of scary pumpkins, too.Love, love, love this orange spidery table runner. Trust me, it looks so much better in person with a slight shimmer look. $19.95 And this oh-so cute dish towel is too fun to miss! I am obsessed with witches' boots/shoes this Halloween. Another local home furnishing store has cute, cute witch boots for decoration. But would you believe that these at Pier 1 are actually table leg covers? How cute is that??And of course, no Halloween party would be complete without a set of paper pumpkin lanterns. I would love to hang these from my island. The possibilities are endless!

And just in case you're NOT in the Halloween spirit yet, Pier 1 does currently have pillows on sale 20% off as well as select aprons and table runners 20% off, too. They are also marking down their furniture at clearance pricing. Also, be sure to check the bins around the check out line! Cute ideas for small, inexpensive teacher "happies" in the form of ghost bubble bath and pumpkin bath fizzies.

So get to your nearest Pier 1 for some ghoulish shopping!!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you need to have a HAlloween par-tay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute stuff! I can't wait for October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow is sept 1, which means my fall decorations will be coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Table leg covers?! How stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never been much of a Halloween decorator.. Maybe I should get more in the spirit this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ready too... thanks for the ideas! Looks like I need to stop by Pier One!!

    ReplyDelete