Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Thank You!

Hello Everyone!

I haven’t said it in a while, but THANK YOU for reading my blog and THANK YOU for your sweet comments and emails!! Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve always had a diary and this little bloggy has become the electronic version of my own personal diary. I don’t do it for attention or to gain readers, just to record the happenings of our sweet family so that one day I can look back and say, “WOW! We really did do all those wonderful things!”

On another note, this will probably be my last post until the Holiday weekend is over. We have SO. MUCH. FUN planned for the extended weekend!! And it’s been “extended” even more for me because I’m taking off work to get ready for it!! I need a vacation, ya’ll! Since we didn’t go anywhere this summer {except Magic Springs}, I can’t tell you the last time I’ve actually had a week off from work! Even though I will be busy at home, I’m looking forward to it!

So back to the plans.

I feel like I’ve mentioned it here before, and if I have just go with me. Our Alabama cousins are coming to see us this weekend and we are so excited about it! Every day, Alise asks me, “Mommie, when’s Katie coming?” When Doug & Mirya told us they wanted to visit and we all agreed on Labor Day weekend, Wayne and I got to thinking even more and decided since we were finally in the new house – not quite settled, but IN, none the less {Can you believe it’s been a month already??}– we wanted to have all our close friends and family over because – for really the only reason – we finally had the ROOM to entertain a large group! And then I got to thinking even more and thought about all the times I wanted to have small “just because” parties for Alise and her friends and that’s how the “Scream & Slide for Ice Cream Party” idea was born. Pretty neat, huh?

So Saturday afternoon is Alise’s small party with her friends and later that evening, we’re having a HUGE fish fry with all the trimmings for our family and friends! Have I mentioned how excited we are?

So now ask me if my house is ready and if all the food has been bought. And that’s where the four days of PTO comes in. Yes, dear readers, it will take me that long to get everything ready AND recover!! Ha!

So let me say good-bye for now but not for long. I’ll be back next week to share pics (of course!) of all the fun we had! And we may look a little fatter {and sassier} with all the eating we’re going to be doing over the next three to five days, too!

Have a WONDERFUL Labor Day weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want you to know that Katie is DRIVING ME INSANE! Every 5 minutes, I hear "when are we going to see Alise. I can't wait to see Alise. Mommy, you said we are to see her tomorrow." Ugh! Now, keep in mind she still, to this day, thinks y'all live at Gulf Shores. LOL! Everytime I try to correct her, she butts in and says "I know, I know. They moved to a new house." I give up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I get to come to the party!! And eat chocolate cake!!! lol See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope y'all are having fun! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:26 AM

    [color=#871c16]Hi everyone

    I want to share with you an excellent discovery. Having White teeth is important. Many people would like to have a whiter brighter smile but do nothing about it because they are afraid of seeming shallow or superficial. What they fail to realize is that your outward appearance can affect your inner well-being.
    I found www.teethwhiteninglite.com where you can find the best [b]teeth whitening[/b] products on the net.
    Now [/color] [url=http://www.teethwhiteningelite.com]Teeth Whitening[/url] [color=#871c16] is not a problem to me.
    I hope that teeth whitening is not a problem to you anymore.[/color]

    ReplyDelete