Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm Not An Oatmeal Kind of Girl

I should have known better. Really, I should have.

But the box looked so good in the grocery store: “Weight Control Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal.” A-ha! Key word: weight control.

I gagged. Gagged, people.

First of all, I don’t even know how to fix oatmeal. Yes, I read the directions, but I think I may have gotten it a little too thick. I felt like I was eating….something…I’m not sure what. Maybe it’s the texture that’s got me all out of whack.

I texted Leigh and asked her if she eats oatmeal and what her favorite flavor was if she did. She said she liked Apples and Cinnamon and Maple Brown Sugar. Been there, done that, don’t wanna go back.

Maybe I’ll try the Apples and Cinnamon. It’s sweet, right? Maybe it will taste like a warm cinnamon roll with tiny little apple slices in it? I could go for that.

But then again. Maybe I should just stick to grits.

Cheese grits.

After all, I am a Southern Girl.

P.S. Thank you for all your comments yesterday regarding your Pampered Chef stoneware. You don't know how long I debated about posting that picture! Ha! I guess I should have titled the post, "Show Us Your Pampered Chef Stoneware."

9 comments:

  1. LOL...I eat oatmeal every morning. My favorite is the maple and brown sugar! I also like the banana bread, and apple crisp. If it is too thick, it is not as good. Use more water or don't microwave it for as long. I just put the 1/2 cup of water in and nuke it for 44 seconds. Why 44? Because I am too lazy to move my finger over and hit the 5! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried that Weight Control oatmeal once....just once! I want to know who they product-tested it on. The taste is yucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like oatmeal, but most of the time anything that says weight control tastes like dirt to me. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i eat oatmeal basically everyday, and maple brown sugar is one of my favorites!! You should try the fruit and cream ones! they are so delish!
    I don't follow the directions- make it with milk (so much better than water!)- and microwave for 2min and it is so yummy, but I like mine thick so I put just enough milk to cover all the oats!(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love oatmeal! Silly girl, you need to work on your preparation... it is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Matthew can make a mean bowl of oatmeal. :) Sorry you gagged, I think it was the kind you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I eat oatmeal every morning--Sugar Free Maple and Brown Sugar. It's yummy!Of course the big dollop of butter I add to it could have something to do with it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love oatmeal! I buy the traditional 1 minute quick oats. I pour milk in a pot with a cinnamon stick and brown sugar. I wait and it's about to start to boil I throw the oats in. Let it boil for a minute and voila! DONE...SUPER YUMMY!! Trust me :) I'm not a fan of the boxed oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tried that Weight Control Oatmeal and it was nasty, Nasty, NASTY!!! I like the good Walmart brand of oatmeal - Apples and cinnamon is my favorite. You might want to try a brand other than the weight control just to give it a fair chance.

    ReplyDelete