Monday, January 25, 2010

Apron Girls

So Alise and I donned our "cooking bras" and made fleur de lis sugar cookies yesterday afternoon. I wanted to go all out and decorate with royal icing, but since Alise really wanted to help, I decided that just using sugar sprinkles would be best. You'll have to overlook the colors we used - we decided to be "patriotic" - but I didn't have any yellow or black sugar (I guess I could have dyed some, but like I said, Alise was wanting to help) in honor of the Saints. Oh well, I decided I would go all out the closer it got to the Super Bowl and Mardi Gras.


And, yes, my Pampered Chef cooking stone has seen better days, but it bakes so well and the more "seasoned" it is, the better. Or so they say. At least I can say that I've never burned anything while using it!

10 comments:

  1. I love my stone!! And trust me, your's looks better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What recipe do you use to make your royal icing? I need a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who Dat?!
    I love cookies! I love baking! But most of all I love eating them :)
    Such a cute little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your "Who Dat" cookies! I am definitely making these on Super Bowl Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a Pampered Chef addict, even though not a cooking addict! The "BEST" stones look like that; yes, it is supposed to:0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pampered chef. I am glad someone else's baking stone looks like that too. Alise is so cute! I love the cooking bras.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my stone too! Pictures are adorable and Alise looks like she's enjoying helping... I get nervous when the boys are in the kitchen helping me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your stylish cooking bra! It's very cute - a halter?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the aprons and the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's in better shape than mine is.

    ReplyDelete