Do you like to read seasonal books around the holidays? Y'all already know how much I love to read, and to me there is nothing better than enjoying a great book, a warm fire with the twinkling tree lights and a glass of wine. So today I thought I would share three Christmas books that I've reading in the past few years and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. They are not long novels by any means, just short, fun, feel good books just in time for Christmas. I mean, you do have time to read during the holidays, right?
Christmas Bliss || If you're a fan of Mary Kay Andrews, and ESPECIALLY if you love her characters, Weezie and Bebe, in her Savannah Blues series (which I recommend!) then you will enjoy this book just as much! Weezie is finally getting married and her best friend and maid of honor, Bebe, is big fat pregnant and holding on to a big fat secret. Will their crazy friendship survive and will there be a Christmas wedding after all?

Christmas Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses || Abbey is a single mom that decides to put her interior design dreams on hold for the sake of her son, Max. But when she gets a gig of decorating Nick Sinclair's house for the holidays, it's on! Nick is a millionaire, obsessed with his company and could care less about the magic of Christmas. Can Abbey complete the task of decorating NIck's home in time or will sparks begin to fly between the two? A solid read about family and love during the holidays.

The 13th Day of Christmas || An aging widow befriends her nine year old neighbor named, Charlee, who becomes seriously ill. Charlee begins receiving notes and gifts that are in reference to the lyrics of The Twelve Days of Christmas. Was there a lost lyric? This book will make you laugh, and cry and fill you with hope during the Christmas season.
Happy reading!

Thanks for the recommendations! I was in Target yesterday, and they had a whole section of Christmas reading. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI just got an email from our library that some Christmas books I had requested are in. I'm so excited!
DeleteI guess I can put my murder mysteries and psychological thrillers on hold for the holidays, lol!I do enjoy a good seasonal read just as much as I love the Hallmark Channel- both make me wish I lived in cold place where I could cozy up with all the hot cocoa and cookies!!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya friend!
xo,
Kellyann
www.thisblondesshoppingbag.com
After the holidays, Kellyann, I want you to recommend some more psychological thrillers for me! I love them and I really enjoyed the last one you recommended!
DeleteI know I can always count on you to bring me some sweet reads!! xoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteI always try to plan my Christmas reading so I can stay snuggled in front of the tree :)
ReplyDeleteIt's the best!
DeleteWell you know I'm not a reader, but now you've got me tempted! Hmmm...we do have a long car ride in a few weeks. Love you bunches!!! XO
ReplyDeleteOh how I love a good Christmas book.
ReplyDeleteOff to see if I can get these from the library on my Kindle. Thanks for the suggestions.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite Christmas stories is The True Gift (a children's chapter book) by Patricia Machlachlan. A sweet, sweet story. Will check out your recommendations. They came at the perfect time, I just finished reading my two books.
ReplyDeleteThese all sound fabulous! I love reading Christmas stories in December but I am scrambling to try and finish up a 52 book reading challenge so I may not be able to this year.. I'm going to try and sneak in as many as I can though in between reading those few books I kept putting off all year.
ReplyDelete