Monday, February 05, 2018

TBB....All About Love

Yay!  It's February and one of my favorite months of the year! Love is in the air and all the red, pink, and white decor makes me smile. I'm a romantic at heart and one of my favorite Valentine's Day memories was the year Alise had to make a valentine box to resemble a character of one of her favorite books. She chose "Froggy" from the series and I have to say she did a GREAT job on it! I have searched high and low and I can NOT find a picture of it, but it was so darn cute! 

Today I'm joining the lovely ladies at The Blended Blog for their monthly Q & A series.  It's all about LOVE so join us! 
image1.jpeg


1. Kisses or Hugs? Well, it depends. I love both kisses and hugs from Wayne and Alise, but prefer hugs from my friends. I'm a hugger by nature and being hugged was one of the hardest things Stephanie had to get use to with our family and we tell each other daily that we love one another. That is so important to me. 

2. Candy or Flowers? Hmmm...flowers make me smile more.  But then again, so does chocolate. But candy makes my butt bigger. Flowers just die. Ha! This was a hard one!

3. Baking or Cooking? I enjoy both because it makes my family happy. 

4. Do you remember your first kiss? Yes. And that's all I'm gonna say about that!

5. Favorite color of Roses? Pink

6. Conversation Hearts, yes or no? Nope.

7. Do you leave love notes? I use to put notes in Alise's lunch when she was younger, but Lord help me if I did that now! Wayne and I don't leave each other love notes all the time, but when we do, it's pretty special. Texting is more our style.

8. Do you decorate for Valentine’s Day? Yes, but I haven't done anything this year. 

9. Red or Pink? Red

10. Milk, White or Dark Chocolate? Milk and White

11. Do you believe in love at first sight? Hmm....another good question.  I would have to say no. 

12. Do you give Humorous or Serious Valentine Cards? Both

13. Favorite Chick Flick or Romantic Movie? How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days

14. Stay In or Go Out? Last year, Valentine's Day was on a Tuesday, so Wayne and I treated Alise and Stephanie to Mexican (Taco Tuesday) and then I took the girls to Painting With A Twist. It was a great Mother/Daughter Date Night, and I am sad that I won't have both my girls together again this year. However, we normally prefer to stay home and break out the fondue set and whip up some melted chocolate with all the fixings. 

And just for the heck of it! One of my favorite pictures of my Funny Valentine  when she was nearly two. I miss those pigtails so much! 
Laura
Laura

Hi there, I'm Laura, I'm the happiest wife, the loudest cheer mom, and the craziest girlfriend you'all ever have, I'm a Southern Belle living in a Southern world!

10 comments:

  1. Hugs are important to me too. LOVED reading your answers and that picture of Alise in pigtails...my heart!! I use to put notes in the boys lunch boxes too, ahh miss that. Hope you have a SUPER SWEET Day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's one of my favorite movies - I know almost every word!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I especially loved your answer about enjoying both cooking and baking because it makes your family happy! What a blessing you are to them, Laura! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!
    - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda! Happy Monday!

      Delete
  4. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is still a movie that I quote with my husband and daughter. One of my faves for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep doing the notes - she may say she hates it - but she loves it. My parents did that for me all the time & it always made my day. My parents used to clean the office I used to work at & my dad would put Love You notes in places for me to find every Monday - It was the best thing to make a Monday better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:26 PM

    I'm with you completely on white & white chocolate ! I love a pretty PINK rose too :) Thanks for sharing a little more about you ! Happy Monday !

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooOOO, good movie pick! I forgot about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha - love that you aren't sharing the first kiss details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course we both love How To Lose a Guy In 10 Days!

    ReplyDelete