Thursday, February 01, 2018

Sentence A Day: January 2018

My friend, Rebecca Jo, is hosting a monthly link up called, One Sentence A Day. I love being able to account for our day with just a blurb. I received my first diary when I was in the third grade and kept spiral notebooks of my days in high school, so I've always been a "journaler." Is that even a word? Who cares. Here's our January 2018. 

Image result for one sentence a day knit by god's hand

1. I made a pot of soup and we cheered on our favorite Alabama Crimson Tide as they beat Clemson!

2. We traveled over an hour away to Alise's basketball game. The refs were horrible. And we lost again.

3. Back to school and work we went. I totally forgot to get a pic.

4. I took an executive lunch to the nail salon and an early birthday lunch with a dear friend.

5. New hair highlights, a new Mexican restaurant for dinner and the tree is officially DOWN!!

6. Wayne fired up the pizza oven for Alise and her sleepover friends. They made their own brick oven pizzas and s'mores!
7. Church and lunch with family leads to a very relaxing afternoon.

8. Got woke up at 11:00 at night from my husband hollering and doing the happy dance because our Alabama Crimson Tide won the National Championship Game!  Sorry. No pics.

9. Another middle school basketball game. Love that smile on my girl's face!

10. Wayne made lasagna for dinner and it was so good!

11. Just a quiet evening at home.

12. Shopping with a nearly thirteen year old is NOT fun!!  Ugh!!

13. An afternoon basketball game and a date night with my love to see Molly's Game.
14. Drove to Starksville, MS to see the Alabama ladies take on MSU. We got to see our friends Hannah and Jordan.

15. Ortho appointment for Alise at 7:45 and dental work for me at 1:00.

16. SNEAUX DAY!!

17. SNEAUX DAY times TWO!
18. Alise had been fighting a sinus infection all week and so before we left for the weekend, I decided to take her to the after hours clinic. Two hours, a shot, and two scripts later, she was feeling a little better.

19. Birthday lunch and cake with my co-workers!  They rock! 
20. MY BIRTHDAY!!
21. Took our friends Hannah and Taylor not one but TWO King Cakes after the Women's Alabama win over Vandy. Alise was so excited to get her picture autographed by Jordan.
22. I took a personal day from work and enjoyed a much needed spa day! Yay me!

23. Back to work and back to basketball, but at least it was Taco Tuesday (with a splash of vodka!)!

24. Lots of studying and THE BEST roast beef po-boys evah! And I used leftover roast on sweet Hawaiian rolls.

25. More Middle School basketball drama! Insert eye roll. 

26. Lunch with my mom and dad for my birthday! The gumbo was so yummy! 
27. My mom and dad came to Alise's basketball game.
28. A quiet Sunday afternoon cheering for our Alabama players/friends from our couch. 

29. Manic Monday and more basketball.

30. Celebrated Sweet Caroline today at the office.
31. Finished my first FIVE STAR book of 2018! More about that in March's SUYB link up (books read in February)!
Laura
Laura

Hi there, I'm Laura, I'm the happiest wife, the loudest cheer mom, and the craziest girlfriend you'all ever have, I'm a Southern Belle living in a Southern world!

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:56 AM

    Happy Thursday Laura ! Love that you took a personal day and went to the SPA, it sounds heavenly !!! We both have soon to be 13 year olds, I took Bryton to the mall a month ago to buy shoes and we left with nothing because we can't get along shopping at all !!!! Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love you did it. Your going to love looking back on it year end.,too!!!
    Birthday months are always fun.
    Ugh to snow & sickness in January though.
    I love the,,....,at least its taco Tuesday. My kinda thinking.
    Mine posts tomorrow ... Cant believe we're into February

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!
    I totally had to laugh that shopping with a teenager is not fun...because I'm sure I was the same way at that age!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love the thought of journaling but sometimes I just have no words - or not enough words! But, I love how with just a sentence or two, you were able to capture your entire month! Fun post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! How fun. Oh gosh, I am so not looking to have a teen...she's already so opinionated at 4! I'm in trouble. What a great month, minus the sickness. When I feel a sinus thing coming on, I take Advil Cold and Sinus, works wonders if you guys haven't tried it...saved me on many times! I can't believe it's February already, where did the time go?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I miss those days of going to my daughters basketball games! Fun times. And ROLL TIDE! woop woop!
    I love your fleur de lis in your birdbath! Happy Birthday!
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo for five star books. Can't wait to read your review. Oh, and like Jodie, I can totally relate to the drama of shopping with a tween and teen. My girls would never try anything on. Craziness!!!
    Glad your parents were able to come to your daughter's game. Means a lot to our babies.
    So very jealous of your sneaux day. Dad gum it. I am about to give up on seeing any this year and go into spring mode.
    I love the graphic you used for Sentence a Day. Have never seen it. I got into the SaD posts through Sarah at Foxy's Domestic Side and somehow we got started using the book graphic. I am going to switch out to use this one. So glad Rebecca started this series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweet month of Laura has segewayed into the month of LOVE and Mardi Gras. Your mama and daddy are super cute and I swear Alise turned into a grown up girl overnight! Laura, she is soooo beautiful! <3 Loves ya, hope it’s a wonderful weekend, thanks for your support this week! You mean the world to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you graduate Alabama? I have been meaning to ask that! Have a wonderful FEBRUARY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, January was a jam packed month for you. Not sure you could have added one more thing to it. Enjoyable post, have a SUPER weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that was fun! I'd say January was pretty good to you! Here's to February treating you right too. Happy weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete