Happy Valentine's Day, Loves! Eek! Is anyone else excited about February 14th? I'm planning on making some heart shaped pancakes (only because I never made it to Target for the $10 mini waffle maker that I mentioned last week and so many of you said you had and loved!) with whipped cream and lots of syrup tonight for my two loves! We're staying in and that is oh-so okay with me! What do you have planned for this special LOVE DAY?
Today I'm sharing Five Ways To Win My Heart. Nothing earth-shattering. Just a few things to make me smile and feel loved!
1. Empty the dishwasher// I absolutely HATE emptying the dishwasher. I don't mind loading it - because everything has their specific place and has to go a certain way - but I have been known to just reshut the door and let the clean dishes sit for a while

When I was looking for this pin, I LITERALLY found a pin that said, " 6 Ways To Motivate Yourself To Empty The Dishwasher." Nope. I'll pass!
2. Flowers// My friends, Lea and LeeAnn, received some BEAUTIFUL flowers from their husbands for Valentine's Day and I have to say that flowers are my love language, too. They just make me smile. BIG! Wayne got me roses last year for VDay. We'll see if he comes through this year, but I'll take flowers any month, any day!
3. Put gas in my car// Maybe I'm just old school, but I love it when Wayne gases up my SUV and I don't have to worry about it. My daddy always did that for my mom when I was growing up and so this definitely speaks to me. And I kid you not! Last night, Wayne met me at the gas station on the way home from work and put gas in my car while I sat in the driver's seat and talked to him while he did it! You may laugh, but that was a good five minute, uninterrupted conversation!
4. Take the night off// I live for these nights! When I've had a bad day at the office and Wayne and Alise are like, "Mama, don't worry about cooking tonight. Just get a bath and me and Daddy will eat leftovers," those words are music to my ears! Especially because my two do not like leftovers! But any night that I don't have to cook, those are the nights I live for!
5. Weekend Get Aways// I've noticed a pattern with our weekend get aways. Alise seems to be included on them more since she's older. I certainly don't mind Baby Girl tagging along, but my more special times are when just Wayne and I can get away together and ESCAPE! Can I get an AMEN?! Soooo looking forward to getting away for the weekend in April for our anniversary!
I would love to know what are some ways to win YOUR heart!
Happy Valentine's Day!


All ways to my heart as well. Mr. Nine brought home roses last night to surprise me and we both couldn't remember the last time he had done that so he scored points big time. He makes the coffee every morning which is so sweet for me because he does not like to do anything kitchen related at all. I hope you have the sweetest Valentine's Day, wish I could be there for some heart pancakes with you, my love!! xo
ReplyDeleteAw! I wish you could be here, too! Mr. Nine is a keeper for sure! Enjoy your day, Love!
DeleteHappy Valentine's Day Laura ! I am 100 % with you on most of these. Empty the dishwasher #1 ! I also love chocolate covered strawberries, this is the way to my heart. Have a wonderful day lady :)
ReplyDeleteWish I could send you some strawberries, Tammy! Hope you're feeling better!!
DeleteEmpty the dishwasher - same
ReplyDeleteGas in my car (plus car wash) - same
I'm easily pleased😀
Ha ha, Vicki! I forgot the car wash! Happy Valentine's Day!!
DeleteIt is truly the little things, huh? I will run the dishwasher again (full of clean dishes!) to avoid putting the dishes away. Now that is pitiful, just pitiful! And our little secret cause PC would choke me! Ditto on the washing machine on occasion.
ReplyDeleteI will take flowers anytime, too. They probably mean even more to me on 364 other days than today.
Filling the car with gas is such an act of love and service. What is your love language? My guess is that you like acts of service best!
I'm like you - empty the dishwasher or feed the dogs & I'm swooning like you gave me a diamond ring :) haha
ReplyDeletehaha, to an empty dishwasher. Mostly Mr. empties it and sometims I'll "help" but for me taking out the trash, I would rather do anything then that! My dad fills up my mom's tank and one day she comes home and says, guess what I filled up my own gas today, and my brother was like, no you didn't my friend at the gas station (it was costco) said he did it for you! LOL. Yes to a getaway, we're going to Santa Barbara for our anniversary in April too! Looking forward to it, it's been too long since it was just the two of us, maybe 2 years?
ReplyDeleteYes, AMEN to empty the dishwasher and putting gas in the car. I love it when he makes the bed too!!
ReplyDeleteGirl- we are soulmates. I LOVE when Tony surprises me and unloads the dishwasher and or takes out the trash! I hate folding clothes too. I LOVE flowers. So far the delivery person hasn't shown up soooo I am taking that as a NO today for flowers. Boo :( but really I guess getting myself flowers counts. LOL I have been known to send myself flowers and if none show up today, you can bet I will be ordering myself some flowers JUST BECAUSE and charging it his account. He is so good to me in so many ways but he gets so busy with work and taking care of his parents. I get it. Oh well. No boohooing here! Tonight we will go see Fifty Shades Freed and then grab some dinner. Its all good! Happy Valentines Day, my friend!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like the perfect VDay date night! Hope y'all had fun! Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog!
DeleteThose were all great Laura and I'm betting Wayne came through in a BIG way today. Happy hearts day, well, what's left of it.
ReplyDeleteYASSSS to the dishwasher. Hate emptying it. Kent is really good about it and it was always the kids chore. They still do it when they are "home" visiting. I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere today that Wayne came through with flowers. And OH...I HATE the new Snapchat stories thing. Are you still doing them? I never see anyone's now because it's all the random junk. UGH!!! As for those getaways. Well one day you'll be like me and your life will be one giant getaway😉. Happy Valentine's Day sweet friend!!! XOXO
ReplyDeleteI'm the opposite - I hate loading the dishwasher, but don't mind unloading! Hope you've had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
ReplyDeleteHa ha, Lana! Good for you!
Delete