
Hello Friday Eve and hello, Loves! I just wanted you to know that I'm in a much better mood and doing better behavior wise, so we shouldn't have to send for a priest this week! Here we go:
- Thank you so much for the positive feedback from Monday's post, Let's Make A Memory. I will send a gift card to the first person that knows what band sang that song (and not because you had to google it, either!). Leave me your guess in the comments. Hint: think "big hair." Love making memories with my man and thank you for letting me share them! It amazes me that so many of you thought that Alise and I look so much alike and yet I did not post a single picture of her in that post. Truly, she is my Mini Me and I wouldn't take anything for the blessing of calling her my Baby Girl! Love you, Alise! I am so proud to be your Mama!
- No royal comments this week.
- Are y'all gonna watch American Idol when it premieres in March? I'm thinking about giving it a shot.
- Speaking of TV, I am STILL behind on This Is Us because I STILL have not watched the Super Bowl episode. Just haven't psyched myself up for it enough yet. At some point, I am going to pour myself a glass of wine, grab a box of Kleenex, and watch.
- I read last week on social media, and I QUOTE, "...Facebook is a 35 and above club..." Do you feel like you have just been slapped across the face?? I'll take my FB AND my 45 year old self #thankyouverymuch! Although seriously, I'm trying to cut back on social media these days.
- Okay y'all are waaaaayyyyyyy more excited about the Winter Olympics than I am! Why is that? I'm not sure, but I'm from the Winter Olympics of 1998, which was the era of the Nancy Kerrigan (We almost named Alise, Kerrigan), and Tonya Harding hoopla. I remember watching that fiasco unfold on the national evening news and I was just shocked that someone could be so ruthless! I was more of a Kristi Yamaguchi fan and she ended up winning gold that year. I did hear that some chick landed the triple axle, but I swear, I thought somebody had already done that but whatever. I may tune in later on for the long figure skating programs. Obviously, all I care about is the ice skating!
- Podcasts. OH, for the love of all things human! How do y'all LISTEN to these things?? I have narrowed my search down to two: Jen Hatmaker and Jamie Ivey. And I've listened to the first episode of Serial, so I may stick with that one, but Y'ALL! The voices of the podcasts I tried GRATE on my nerves!! I don't know what I was expecting? Maybe my personal trainer, CHEF, life coach, assistant, and PRIEST all wrapped up in one podcast, I don't know? Can a gal get a little inspiration? If you know of a podcast with all these diverse hats, hit me up. Otherwise, I think I'll stick to Pandora and XM.
- You know you haven't been to church in a while when your Life Group leader hits you up in the middle of an SEC Alabama Women's Basketball game! We had church at Ole Miss this past weekend.
- How was your Valentine's Day? Mine was WONDERFUL! Love my Valentine's!
- Yesterday at the Mother Ship, we had the opportunity to take ashes for Ash Wednesday. A colleague of mine took ashes, but I knew he wasn't Catholic. When I asked him about it at lunch, he said Christians could take ashes. Have y'all heard of that before? I thought it was a Catholic ritual. If I took ashes, though, I would want the cross on my forehead. I saw some people that like had just a dot on their forehead. That wouldn't work for me. I'd be telling that priest, "Make it a cross, Father!"
Just keeping' it real, Peeps! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

I LOVE Jen Hatmaker & Jamie Ivey - I need to get her new book!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI think I MAYYYYYY try American Idol just because... we'll see.
So glad you had a nice V-Day!
I think I'm more curious how the new judges will be more than anything!
DeleteSo I am behind on This Is Us too and haven't watched the Super Bowl episode either. My husband makes fun of me because I cry buckets every episode. I really dont have any interest in watching the Olympics. Not even a little. And there were a few podcasts I used to listen to before they got huge and now I would rather do an audio book instead. I haven't listened to a Podcast since I finished Serial I don't think.
ReplyDeleteI have to be by myself when I watch This Is Us!
DeleteWho are the new AI judges? Maybe we'll start watching that again. We go to a Methodist church and they do an Ash Wednesday service. Oh, I have so many memories of the Nancy/Tonya saga!
ReplyDeleteThe new judges are Katy Perry, Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan.
DeleteCracking up about the podcasts! I've tried a few times but the only times I can listen to them are at work and I apparently can't concentrate on two things at once! haha! And, we haven't been watching the Olympics either - currently watching a re-run on the Disney channel!
ReplyDeleteI've only tried listening to podcasts at work, too, Holly, and I can't concentrate, either! I thought it was just me!
DeleteWell I don’t get all hot and bothered over the Olympics either. I’m actually more annoyed because all of our regular shows are taking time off since I guess they assume everyone’s watching the olympics. I’ve listened to one podcast. Too much like a radio show or book on tape for me. 😂. Girl! You better get caught up on This Is Us. XOXO
ReplyDelete