Some time in the early 2000s, pea coats made a comeback and I casually mentioned to my parents that I wanted one. My dad gave me some money and told me to go pick one out. I had my heart set on a bright red pea coat and was able to find one at JCPennys for a good price. I absolutely love it and wear it every winter. I actually have two coats, but my black one ties in the front and this peri-menopausal mama doesn't like anything tying around the waist these days.
Around Christmas, Wayne found a pea coat at Dillard's that he really liked. I convinced him to wait until January 1st, when the store had their HUGE clearance sale. The coat he wanted was regularly $225 and we bought it for $75 including tax on the first day of 2018. Cha-Ching.
Today I'm sharing memories and a little pea coat worthy inspiration. It's been cold here in Louisiana and we got to celebrate last week with two sneaux days. My red pea coat - similar to the very last pic below - is getting some extra love and attention this winter season.






Stay warm and bundle up, Peeps! I don't think old man winter is finished with us yet!

Pretty Pretty Pea Coats. MY dad was a Navy boy for 8 years, still has a blue pea coat that I used to strut around in when I as little. LOVE them, I have a red one that shall never go away! Have a great day darlin!
ReplyDeleteOh, yay! Sometimes else we have in common: our daddies! The Coast Guard is actually a small branch of the Navy and Transportation Department! Gosh, I wish I had his coat!
DeleteAwww, these are all so pretty ! I have a pea coat in camel and black BUT I'd love to add a red to my small collection ! Have a wonderful day !
ReplyDeleteBe sure to add a red pea coat, Tammy, yo your collection! Red would look beautiful on you! Xoxo
DeleteThey're just classic to me.
ReplyDeleteI dated a guy in thr navy & they always remind me of his coat he wore
I agree! Pea coats are classic!
DeleteI know you look darling in your red coat. Funny story about our BFF's (in Nashville) that I talk about all.the.time. When Paul first came to Richmond and showed up at church (that's where we met them) he was wearing a navy pea coat and so we assumed he was military. WRONG...he's a freakin' genius is what he is. Biomedical Engineer to be exact. Anyway, whenever we see a navy pea coat we talk about that. Happy Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteAw! Great memories! Even geniuses can wear pea coats!
DeleteLove my pea coat! I keep one and couldn’t imagine winter without it!
ReplyDeleteThat's my girl!!
DeleteI love a good pea coat and the lilac one is perfection! Tell your mom to keep looking for that pic of your dad and share when she finds it!!!
ReplyDeleteThe purple pea coat was my favorite, too, because of the color and the ruffles!
DeleteCute post! I bought our daughter a black pea coat while she was at Tech, 18 years ago and she still has it and wears it on those cold Oklahoma days.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I'm swooning over that lavendar coat!! What a sweet memory of your dad. That is pretty darn cool that he was in the coast guard.
ReplyDeleteGreat choices! I love a houndstooth print!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great deal - $75! I love the look of a pea coat - but they always seem to look better on others, than me.
ReplyDeleteLisa
Daily Style Finds