Thursday, January 25, 2018

Thursday Thoughts No. 4



  • I had no idea that so many of you would get your yoga pants in a wad over a King Cake! Lol. And let me just say that word travels FAST in Blog Land! I would be more than happy to send my awesome readers and friends a King Cake - with a complimentary mask - but you must act fast! Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday is February 13th and the cakes will be gone by around the 6th. So...if you would like one, email me your address and I'll be happy to ship it to ya! They truly are delish!
  • Microblading is all over my social media feeds. Santa musta handed out gift certificates for this procedure for Christmas. Although I have no desire to have this done, I have come to the conclusion that I do need to pump up my brows more. Since I have no tolerance for pain, I think I'll resort to an eye brow pencil.
  • WHAT in the WORLD is up with these kids eating the Tide pods?! OMG! 
    Image result for tide pod challenge
  • Asking for a friend: if some of your tween's friends were vaping, or smoking pot, or drinking alcohol at school, or doing inappropriate things with her boyfriend, would you tell their parents even if you really didn't know them that well?
  • The Horton's will be cheering for the Philadelphia Eagles and our dear friends, D & J at our Super Bowl party next week! D is the head coach for the Eagles and J was the big sister I never had while growing up. We were next door neighbors and she taught me how to do a cartwheel, showed me how to be a cheerleader and let me sunbathe and hangout with her and her friends. Many years later when D & J came "home" to raise their boys, J taught me how to have a daily quiet time and she was a spiritual mentor to me. We love the P family and wish them AND the Eagles the very best in the Super Bowl! 
  • If you're a royal watcher like me, then you probably already know that there is going to be TWO royal weddings this year! I swear I can't look at Eugenie without seeing Fergie.  I wonder how Meghan Markle feels about the wedding crashing? Love the dress, though.

  • Stephanie is going to Australia to play basketball. There are simply no words. 
  • I made a delicious cajun recipe Monday night and I plan to share all about it next week, so stay tuned. And for those that were asking, the soup recipe that I shared on Tuesday was a combination of recipes from two of my favorite cooks: Christy Jordan and Trisha Yearwood!
  • When your purse is in the passenger seat and you're driving down the road and the seatbelt and air bag whistles and lights come on. Yea, that would be me. #toomuchjunkinmypurse But I did score a new wallet for my birthday!
Happy Thursday, Peeps!  Keep it real!

Laura
Laura

Hi there, I'm Laura, I'm the happiest wife, the loudest cheer mom, and the craziest girlfriend you'all ever have, I'm a Southern Belle living in a Southern world!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, Australia...what an opportunity to see the world! I'm so excited about the royal weddings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about the microblading. I use a brow pencil regularly, but it might be nice to forgo it---at least for a couple of years!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My purse does the same in my car. Haha
    Honestly, I'm not sure I'd say anything if i didn't know the parents well. Or I'd see if any of my friends knew the parents better. Or I'd even tell a teacher & let them,deliver the news. I think people get so offended so easily that if a stranger is telling them sometbing, they get defensive. But wouldn't you want to know if your child was doing such bad things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY, Rebecca Jo! All my friends know if my kid is doing something wrong to tell me and I also have eyes on her at school. I just thank the Good Lord above every day that He blessed me with a great kid (with the exception of her sassy mouth, of course!). Middle school is no joke, so you keep being real and loving on those special girls in your church circle!

      Delete
  4. Ok, while not funny, that Tide Pod statement is funny! What are these kids thinking?????!!! Last I checked the last thing I wanted my parents to put in my mouth was a bar of soap. Gag.
    I agree with Rebecca, if someone you feel comfortable with knows the parents better I might say something to them, however even that can sometimes backfire (happened to a friend). Sometimes just stating a general concern to either counselors or teachers is best. They know what to look for and are pretty good at asking questions in a way that gets them the info they need without just coming right out and saying, "hey is so and so drinking".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura! Not sure if I've ever commented before, but I read your blog weekly! I have a 6th grade girl, and my how things have changed since I was that age. Luckily, my daughter will pretty much tell me anything(or so I like to think), and some of the things she has told me....I'm floored! We have a close group of friends and all of our girls' know that if one of us adults find out, they can hang it up. I definitely become torn when it pertains to a child we are not "close" to. I always feel like...if it was my child, I would want to know, but I have heard that not all parents are like that. I like the suggestion of maybe letting a teacher or someone close to the other person know! And who knew girls at this age could be SO mean. Makes this southern mamma want to slap somebody sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber! Thank you for reading my blog and your comment today. Middle school is tough, isn't it? Alise and I are very close and she can't watch a movie or TV program without confiding in me if something "bad" happened and I am bound and determined to keep that line of communication and honesty open. I totally agree that things have changed SO MUCH since I was in MS and HS, but we have to keep praying for our kids daily. We have to pray for their friends and their decisions.

      Delete
  6. Australia that is awesome! what an adventure that will be! The hole tide-pod thing really...are kids that stupid now days!! Seriously why...who thinks of that?
    I guess I missed the whole king-cake thing? But we love king cake at our house in February!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving these posts! You should host a link-up because it's so good! Tide pods...what is that craziness all about? Yes, to all the royal weddings. Can't wait to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to watching the royal weddings, too!

      Delete
  8. Yes, you are so right, I see Fergie too. Two royal weddings, don't know if we can stand all the publicity. Australia, goodness, she's quite the "gal on the go." Wishing her the best. Happy weekend Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The whole middle school stuff and Australia makes me weep for you! We need a girls trip...pronto! Yep, same shenanigans happen on my passenger side! BIG purse! Geez oh Pete, there sure were a lot of comments about that King Cake....another one needs to get on my tastebuds! Lol. Love ya sugar plum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! It's been hard lately with everything that's been going on with my ballers! A Girls Trip sounds WONDERFUL!!

      Delete
  10. Umm...I would be planning my trip to Australia! My personal advice on the relaying of information to other parents...especially ones you don't know...is to really make sure you are coming from a place of care and concern in the way you deliver the news. All parents who care about their kids would want to know but hearing something shocking about your child is tough. If the person shares with a kind heart and with no judgement in their words it definitely helps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I just love royal weddings! I remember watching the last one with my boys before school one morning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this post and all your thoughts. I think it’s sjlly that teenagers are eating Tide Pods?!! I am rooting for the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I love Tom Brady! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete