Monday, November 30, 2015

A Pottery Barn Christmas

I'm a fan of shopping locally.  Love the smaller stores and boutiques in our area. But I also love the bigger stores, that unfortunately, are not in our town.  Thank goodness for online shopping, right?  I mean, what did we ever do without the internet?  Y'all keep those online orders coming and keep my husband playing Santa "in a brown truck" this Christmas season. Having said all that - and my point was? - today I thought I would share some of my favorite Christmas picks from Pottery Barn.


//Silver Mercury Glass Trees// I have been in love with Mercury Glass for years! I use alot of it in our master bedroom because of the color scheme and lighting.  The glass goes well with our blue/gray walls and white bedding. For Christmas, I decorate with several shades of blue and silver, so these would look great sitting on top of our amoire.
//Holiday Cheer Appetizer Plates// These plates are perfect for a small Christmas gathering with friends!  Bring on the apps!!
//Metallic Dot Stockings// From a polka dot queen's perspective, I thought these stockings were quite festive!
//Bronze Word Stocking Holders// This style of lettering - I have no idea what it's called - is quite popular, especially with the lights. It reminds me of the old timey movie marquees.  Anyhoo, I think these would be perfect on a mantle for a family of three! And after all, my word of the year IS Joy!
//Glass Lobster Ornament// I realize this is a lobster, but it could nearly pass as a crawfish, which is a normal delicacy for us here in Louisiana and a perfect ornament for a Cajun friend!
//Rattan Sleigh// As soon as I saw this sleigh, I fell in love!  I could just see it beside a Christmas tree filled with lots of beautifully wrapped packages! It also looks great as shown here, maybe beside a front door to greet holiday guests.
//Painted Santa Claus Pillow Cover// One can never have too many pillows!  I love this painted version of St. Nick.
//Passport Ornament// Although we didn't need a passport earlier this year when we went to Hawaii, I liked the idea of being able to give this ornament to one of my favorite travelers!
//Tree Decanter// I don't have a decanter collection, but my SIL does!! She would love this!

I'm linking up with Lauren today from Talk of the Trains for Home For The Holidays linkup. Today's topic is 'gifts' and I hope my post has sparked some Christmas ideas for those that you love this holiday season!  Merry Christmas!


Home for the Holidays Blog Hop

Dixie Delights

I'm also joining Dixie DelightsBlogmas Link Party!  Just a few hours late!

Also, check out Pinky's Blog Party, Countdown to Christmas!

24 comments:

  1. Pottery Barn fanatic here!! Love that rattan Sleigh!! I just got a pillow with tartan paid letters that says 'home", the boys say it says HOOOO MEEE because the HO is on top the ME!! Oh the testostrone in this place, lol. I'm still ND recovering, but getting there, lol!! Have a spectacular day gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your boys crack me up, Andrea! Enjoy your Monday!

      Delete
  2. I love it all. I'm trying not to buy any new decorations this year and hope to clean out some things, but this is tempting me!
    P.S. Do you realize if Alabama and MSU win their league championship games and make it too the playoffs we could play each other!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ma'am! Mr. Horton and I have already tossed that possibility around! It would be an exciting game! Roll Tide!!

      Delete
  3. Those polka dot stockings are SO cute! They have the best tsuff!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Darcy! Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your week!

      Delete
  4. Pottery Barn always gets me in trouble haha! So much cute stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pottery Barn gets me into trouble, too, Brittany! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I just joined up late too. I love Mercury glass. Good picks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mercury glass is definitely quite popular these days! I see it everywhere! Enjoy your evening, Mary, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  6. Lots of lovely choices! I love the appetizer plates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could SO see myself using those appetizer plates with my girlfriends in a few weeks! Thanks for stopping by and I just love your name!

      Delete
  7. Loving everything about this. Pottery Barn, I could sleep in that store and never come out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love pottery barn !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, those items are gorgeous! my favorite is the sleigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The sleigh was the first item I saw and I was like, "WHOA!" It's actually the item that inspired this post! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  10. Seriously in love with all of their stuff - the passport ornament is one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as you like to travel, Christina, I could so see you liking the passport ornament! Check out the camera ornament - you might like that one better! I love it, too!

      Delete
  11. I love all your "finds." I have a lot of Mercury Glass too and use it in our dining area. I just ordered two gifts from PB, suitcases for the Grans and they are so cute! Happy first week of Dec. Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're a Pottery Barn fan, too, Lea!

      Delete
  12. So many fun picks, lady! Pottery Barn seriously is on point this time of year. I love those stockings! Thanks so much for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh, I'll take one of everything. Actually I'd just like to buy the entire Pottery Barn catalog - it's all so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pottery Barn has such pretty things! I'm a suck for anything Mercury glass!!! I think it's so festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pottery Barn is definitely one of my favorites! I have the Passport ornament. This year I splurged on the red station wagon pillow. Hopefully, I'll get around to a Christmas decor post next week!

    ReplyDelete