Friday, September 18, 2015

Happy Friday!

I can't tell you how glad I am for this week to be over.  I've been a day ahead all week and we all know how disappointing it is to walk in your daughter's bedroom to wake her up for school thinking it's Thursday, when it's really only Wednesday! Ugh!

     


{one.}
Whatever happens, I am making THIS for the Bama v. Ole Miss game this weekend!  These things look so darn yummy!!
Caramel Apple Nachos - a quick, simple and delicious treat that the whole family will enjoy! { lilluna.com }:
It's FALL, it's FOOTBALL SEASON and this crazy mama is craving some ooey-goodness!!  Now, I know we're probably going to lose {Shh!  Don't tell our Ole Miss friends I said that!} and since the game is so late, I'll probably fall asleep and Wayne will be so mad at me, but at least my tummy will be happy! For all my local peeps, Neighborhood Walmart has the Honey Crisp apples in and they look really good.  That's what I plan to use for this recipe!

True story: Last year, we invited some Ole Miss friends over to watch the game in the theater room and we lost.  I had to hear about it all football season, of course from Mr. Horton.  So after Ole Miss beat their opponent 73 to something two weeks in a row already this season, Wayne texted Barry and said, "You are NOT invited over next weekend.  Not no, but hell no."  Of course, Barry says he's still coming over.  We'll see.

{two.}
Speaking of football, this story that came out Sunday just infuriated me!  I know some of you enjoy NFL and I use to, too, until the players started getting too cocky and all the money started going to their heads and they started beating their wives and killing their children and carrying guns and getting DWIs.  I may watch a Saints game every now and then {to support Mark Ingram, Alabama Boy #22} or turn on Monday Night Football for some "noise," but I don't watch NFL much anymore.  Having said that, did you see this?



I am a HUGE Amari Cooper fan because he played for Alabama last year.  He is one of the most humbled players you will ever meet and just wants to play the game.  So when Pac-Man Jones did this to him and was only slapped on the wrist for his actions, this Mama's blood began to boil!  HOT, y'all!!  A BIG FAT PINK MONSTER NAMED PINKY NEEDS TO COME EAT MR. PAC-MAN JONES!!!  He should be kicked out of the NFL in my opinion!


Image result for pacman and pinky

{three.}
I really hate that I can't give you the link to the post, but as I was reading this week, I came across this skirt and I am in LOVE!!  I mentioned a few Fridays ago that I want some faux leather leggings {still looking!} and I believe suede and leather skirts are making a comeback!  Can you say HELLO 80's & 90's?! Gosh, y'all, I can't TELL you how excited I am about this!  When I was a junior and senior in high school, I had a black leather mini skirt - faux, of course - and a purple suede mini skirt - because that's my favorite color - and let me just say that I could rock those skirts!  LOVED wearing those skirts with tights and boots! Of course, that was during my eating disorder days and I had gotten down to a size 3! My mom has a picture of me at Christmas opening presents with the purple skirt on and I was so thin.  Too thin. So anyway, a size 3 probabaly won't be happening again anytime soon, but I can't make any promises about a suede skirt!  I'm determined to find this one at Nordstrom when I'm in Dallas next month!

{four.}
One morning before work, I stopped at Walmart to get a good look at Pioneer Woman's new dish ware.  I knew it was "officially" out because I began seeing pictures all over FB and Twitter of people in Arkansas getting their picture made with Ree.  Whell.  There wasn't much left of it in the teeny tinest section for it in our store!!


Guess I'm not the only one in my town that loves Pioneer Woman!  I didn't buy anything.  I'm one of those people that like to see it all laid out before I decide. I already have red dishes, so I guess I'm leaning more toward the turquoise, but I'm not sure if I want to mix match the pieces or just have a solid collection.


{five.}
It's no secret that I'm a big reader.  And it's ALSO no secret that I'm totally crushed that my one and only offspring hates it as much as she does!  I digress. So anyway, I wanted to let you bookworms out there know that two new books are coming out by popular authors!






Both books come out next month and of course, I plan on reading both!

No Friday night footballs games means family night at home.  Tonight I'm making one of Alise's favorites, Pizza Cups, for supper - quick and easy - and one of Wayne's favorites for dessert, Peanut Butter Tassies.  I'm getting my favorite on Saturday with an appointment to the nail salon before the Auburn v. LSWho game.  For the Bama game, we're having sliders, corn dip, and a bunch of other munchy stuff and then on Sunday, I'll be helping Alise with a WONDERFUL little reading project made out of a freakin' PIZZA BOX!!  Would anyone like to come help a Sister out? And just before you decide, the subject is Anne freakin' Frank!!

Y'all enjoy your weekend!  If Bama loses Saturday night, y'all know it won't be a good day Sunday at our house with a pizza box and Anne Frank!

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for the heads up on Nicholas Sparks. Never miss his book. Read everyone! I didn't think it was out yet. So excited. Enjoy all that football. You're such a fan, cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are DIE HARD Alabama fans! I'm curious which Nicholas Sparks book is your favorite since you've read them all. I met him a few years ago when he was a guest speaker for a fund raiser at our local university. Very nice person!

      Delete
  2. I just bought new dishes 2 years ago and I love them, so I couldn't justify another dish purchase, but those are so pretty! I love, love all the colors!! Have a great weekend and good luck with the win and the pizza box project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, I can so relate to you I had a black leather mini too and A few swedes in the closet! I used to wear a studded faux patched cardigan with my black leather And I thought I was the shizz. Ha! Oh and I love that you love football, if you happen to read my Friday favorites post you'll see in first paragraph that we are struggling with both our teams losing their QBs and I didn't even mention that our Mighty Ducks lost too. Boo Hoo! Maybe the Honeycrisp apple dessert will make me feel better! I hope you have a glorious weekend girl! Go Bama and stay awake beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bring the apple nachos and you bring your caramel sangria, Andrea, and we'll watch football all weekend, Andrea! Anne Frank who?

      Delete
  4. Well, I do hope that Bama will win so that you will have a good Sunday. :o)) You always make the food you prepare sound so scrumptious and tempting. Think we'll have our son and family over fort he LSU/Auburn game tomorrow and perhaps I conjure up some mouth watering goodies. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if Wayne will watch the LSU v. Auburn game, but I'll have it on. I'll probably be decorating for fall while it's on. It's the only game of the year that we say we "cheer" for LSU. Gosh, I hope y'all beat Auburn!

      Delete
  5. Those Apple nachos look so yummy!!!! Have a great weekend my friend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the big game this weekend! Good luck! I need to make a trip to Walmart soon and buy a few PW dishes. I have all white currently, but think I will mix and match with a few of her pieces - might be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love just about everything in PW's new collection, so I need to get over to Walmart and get something. I agree about the NFL. Between the bad behavior and the long hair coming out of the bottom of the helmets, it seems like a big mess. Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the cow creamers were so cute, but I'm not really in to cows and who uses cream like that anymore? I just pour mine out of the carton! Oh, and the long hair is another pet peeve of mine!! That's just asking for it! Enjoy your weekend, my friend!!

      Delete
  8. I am hoping to go try on leather leggings and that suede skirt this weekend! I love that we both posted it today. So funny. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bama/Ole Miss is going to be amazing and I don't go to either school. I went to an Ole Miss game over Labor Day and it was fun so I could only imagine this one! And you've got the perfect snack to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been to Ole Miss twice to see Bama play them. It's a great school rivalry! Their tailgating area is called The Grove and it is awesome!

      Delete
  10. I am a HUGE Derek Carr fan (Raiders QB) so I was very mad about the whole Amari Cooper incident as well! DC is throwing to this wonderful young receiver and this jerk is allowed to get away with it? There was also an incident with the same man who stepped on Aaron Rodgers (I think I am right about that player) and kicked another players helmet off last Sunday! What is happening with these over grown men? Too many anger issues? Steroid rage? Whatever it is.....IT NEEDS TO STOP AND STOP NOW! (ok stepping off my soap box!) have a fabulous weekend! Love me some college football!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness... a new Nicholas Sparks book! I can't wait. Also, those apple nacho things look delicious! I might have to try to make a dairy free version! I am a huge football fan too and I cannot wait for football sunday! If you get a chance, I would love for you to stop by my blog and say hello: www.thesweetlifediaryofahealthnut.blogspot.com

    xoxo Tori

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that skirt and hope suede skirts make a comeback You know what I love most about football? My husband stays home to watch in the living room and that's my ticket to make a solo trip to Target or the mall or something. I'm not a big fan, but he is. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I use to be that way, too, Megan, but then I caved! Enjoy your "football" time!

      Delete