Wednesday, September 16, 2015

What's Hap-"Pinning" Wednesday

Today I'm linking up with Jess and Jenn for What's Hap-"Pinning" Wednesday.



I've shared with y'all that Alise and I really got in to "Food Network Star" this summer.  We were ever so happy to cheer on our favorite, Jay Ducote, from Baton Rouge.  Although he was runner up in the contest, Alise and I thought he should have won!  You can find out more about Jay by visiting his blog or listening to his radio show. We've tried his barbeque sauce and it's really good, too!  So when Jay posted this scrumptious picture on IG last week, I had to pin it immediately!  Even though it's not crawfish season, these will be AWESOME for a fish fry next spring!  Can't wait to try these!

crawfish fritter


And speaking of food and Pinterest and all things Cajun, I wanted to share a pin that's not really new, but you can find it on my Horton Family Favorites board. I'm sharing it because it's what I made for the Bama game this past Saturday! New Orleans Style Cajun White Beans and Rice. I half the recipe and it's perfect for the three of us on game day with leftovers, too.

New Orleans Style Cajun White Beans with Rice

The name alone is quite a mouthful, but this recipe does NOT disappoint!  It's hearty and we love the bean twist {Somehow the texture of red beans just grosses me out!}!

Ok.  One more food pin and then I'm done.  Last fall, a friend of mine brought this Pumpkin Dip to our Life Group Party. I know how all you girls are fans of everything and anything with the word, pumpkin, in it, but I'm not a fan. However...I LOVE this Pumpkin Dip!  I couldn't stop eating it!  Could. not. Amy served hers with mini vanilla wafers. I haven't tried it with the apples yet.

FALL DIP {Cool Whip, vanilla pudding mix, and a can of pumpkin}. You use 16 oz of cool whip 3 small boxes instant vanilla pudding *** dry mix only*** DON'T make the pudding*** , one small can of pumpkin.Mix everything together add some pumpkin pie spice. Serve with graham crackers

In other non-food pins, I've been browsing hair colors on Pinterest.  I have an appointment in two weeks and I've decided to go blonder.

Butter blonde highlights and lowlights:

Compared to the color I am now, this is kinda drastic - for me, anyway - but I've been this shade before and loved it. So I texted this pic to Anna, my stylist, and she said that I could do this, that I could go this shade.  Like would she ever doubt me?

I'm a Chex Mix junkie and especially this time of the year.  I've been looking for the perfect fall chex mix combo and frankly, I've become overwhelmed by all the ones on Pinterest.  There are so many and they all look great!  But I'm a sweet and salty girl and I think I may be trying this one to give to Alise's teachers in a few weeks!

Sweet & Crunchy Fall Trail Mix - throw this together in just a few minutes.:

Lastly, I wanted to tell you that I've started a Group Board on Pinterest called, Fashion Over Forty. Group boards on Pinterest are a little different because you have to be "invited" to pin to that particular board.  It's a great way to meet new blog friends and increase traffic to your blog.  If any of my readers are interested in following me on Pinterest, you can HERE, or if anyone is interested in pinning to my board, just send me your email address and you can pin away. The Fashion Over Forty board is not just for forty year olds, it's just the stage I'm in right now and I would love to get a little inspiration from you younger girls! OH! And you can pin whatever!  Either pictures of yourself or other pictures from Pinterest and the internet.  So consider this your personal invitation!

I just thought about this: it was probably gross to include food pins with a hair pin, but whatevah!  It works.

Happy Pinning, Peeps!

18 comments:

  1. And this is why I nominated you for my award today. The sweet and salty mix, yeah, yummy. We do candy corn and peanuts, just 2 ingredients and that is the family's fall mix treat. I can't due to a peanut allergy, but it still goes fast around here. Following you on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle, for the follow and also for the award nomination! All in my Academy Award voice, of course, "I'd like to thank....YOU!"

      Delete
  2. I need to try the fall trail mix that looks fabulous! I am all about sweet and salty too! Love the hair color, can't wait to see!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little nervous, Sandy, about the much lighter shade for Fall and the fact that I haven't been that blonde in quite a while, but after all, it is just color, right?!

      Delete
    2. That's right, you can always change it if you don't like it! I am going lighter and lighter every time to get my grays to blend more, last year I went darker again in the fall/winter time frame and it only lasted one coloring and I went back to thicker highlights again. This year I am sticking with the lighter color all year! Break the rules!!

      Delete
  3. I love me some beans and pumpkin dip and trail mix. Drool drool. Already following your lovely Pintetest and just in case no one has told you today!! YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got me so hungry with these delicious food items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try them, Christina! I highly suggest the pumpkin dip for one of your fall parties or appetizers on the porch!

      Delete
  5. So much yummy looking food, and that hair style is fantastic!!
    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm that pumpkin dip = amazing! and I have to try that chex mix this fall! Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny you should post about hair color...I have an appt next week and I'm pinning darker hair. I have to say that hairstyle you posted is on point...if I could make my hair look like that every single day I totally would!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm I'm so craving everything here now! I've made that pumpkin dip before and its always a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pumpkin dip sounds so delicious! I need to make that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, lots of good stuff in this post! I'm going to try the white bean recipe and very soon! And, the pumpkin dip, I do love me some pumpkin! Can't wait to see your hair and I'm betting it will be cute! Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As usual, I love your pins. I will definitely try that white beans and rice. I know Michael will like it. The lighter hair color will look great. I have finally decided to give up coloring my own hair because it had too much of a red tone. Now I am going to gradually go lighter with highlights and hope that will camouflage the gray! And I need to put out one of those Chex snack mixes for the football game this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya, I think the recipe calls for either Northern beans or Navy beans. Go with the Northern beans because they are softer. The navy are still too hard for me even after they cook for a long time. I should have mentioned this in my post!

      Delete
  12. Oh my gosh all the food here is making me hungry!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete