Thursday, August 27, 2015

Own It {August Linkup}

Today I'm linking up with one of my favorite blogs, The New Mrs. for her monthly linkup to "Owning It..."  



{fifth grade}
Maybe I should just say that my daughter, Alise, is "owning fifth grade." Even through her tears and disappointment, she has acted much better than her mother has.  Look, bottom line, don't mess with my kid. And I probably didn't handle the situation correctly, being 300 miles away from home, but I did what I did and I said what I said.   End of story.

{josh duggar}
I never got into the Duggar's.  Maybe it's just me.  I just thought that anybody that wanted to have 19 kids was crazy.  I mean, am I the only one wondering why Michelle's vagina hasn't fallen out?  I'm not being ugly, I'm just asking a serious question.  Just how many babies can one vagina birth?

In regards to her son and his controversy announced last week, I'm just reminded that we shouldn't put anyone on a pedestal.  I feel like a Debbie Downer, but at some point, someone you either love or look up to is going to fail you. The situation just reminded me to get my eyes back on Christ.  That's all {And in my own experience and look on life, if something is too perfect from the outside, it's usually falling apart on the inside}.

{puberty}
And while we're on the subject of vaginas...I will be the first to say that puberty will be OWNING ME!!  OMG, y'all! The moodiness alone is a killer in ten year old girls!! And it's about to send this peri-menopausal Mama over the edge!!

But even after everything that has gone on the first two weeks of school, I texted this to Baby Girl earlier this week!


{mexican fiesta}
Let me just say that I owned this past weekend with my girlfriends playing hostess with the mostess!  And I don't have a single picture to prove it! But I do want to share these TACO CUPS that I tried and tell you that they're awesome with Chuy's dip {knock off recipe}!!

{bloggy love}
I'm sooo far behind on my blog reading so if I haven't commented lately, please don't take it personally.  Honestly, after the "summer slow down" - thanks to Felicia - the past two weeks have been a whirl wind of activity and I haven't had time to stop really and enjoy my hobby.

{felicia}
I kinda gave a little update yesterday about my foot/ankle/boot a.k.a. "Felicia." I don't have to tell y'all that Felicia has owned me all summer. All. summer. And although the boot is/was a necessity for recovery, I am very, truly, madly, deeply over her!! It is most definitely time to say #byefelicia!  However....in my heart of hearts, I don't think I'm there yet.  Although I am able to walk on my foot around the house, I just don't think my heel is completely healed {definitely no pun intended!}. I go back to the doctor tomorrow and prayers are most appreciated!!  I'll keep you posted!

See you tomorrow for Friday Favorites!

10 comments:

  1. I love when you express your heart. And I for one appreciate when other bloggers share why they haven't been on for awhile because it makes one feel like they haven't stopped reading/following. Life does get crazy and blogging has to take the step back for other priorities. Having raised three girls my encouragement to is - well, I don't really have any!! :) It sucks! Just as one was over her mood, another one began hers. When all four of us were in them, usually because we all set each other off, my husband would leave, literally leave and go somewhere where there weren't any female hormones raging within his domain. Anyways, have a lot of wine on hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way you think, Michelle, with the wine comment! Thank you so much for always being an encouragement to me. I WILL get through all this!

      Delete
  2. Girl, you tell it like it is. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get through the "girl drama" but it isn't for the faint of heart. Just had boyfriend drama last week with my 22 year old. You just have to be there and listen - that's really what they want - and pray a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers prayers prayers at the Doctor AND for the puberty years!!! I love your honest, precious and kind heart!! You sound like an amazing mama! Just keep listening and advising and never, ever stop laughing and eating Mexican!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you still have "Felicia" that must stink. I'm always up for a Mexican fiesta!!! Sounds delicious, delicious, delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fun post. So agree with you about the Duggars. Never even heard of them until the controversy, but I'm not a fan of reality t.v. anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like the Duggars because they assign each child a younger sibling to help raise. The children spend their childhood being parents. It disgusts me. I am not a parent myself, but my husband was abused and neglected growing up, and had to be a parent to his five younger siblings at times. The Duggar parents wanted all of those kids, so they should take full responsibility for their decision.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You crack me up! I have to say....I've only had 4 kids and I cannot imagine how a vagina could have 19!! It's all about grace and I truly agree...we all are sinners and failures and our kids are going to do things we are not proud of. And I'm scared girl..so scared of Carly's hormones getting rolling just as I'm in full peri-menopausal swing! I told Keith he may want to get an apartment for awhile when she's a teen!

    ReplyDelete