Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hodge Podge Wednesday

It's Wednesday so I'm linking up with Joyce for Hodge Podge.  You can join us by answering the questions on your own blog and then linking back for the party!  It's fun to see everyone's answers and "meet" new people!


1. It's hard to believe, but next week's Hodgepodge will find us in the month of September. What's one thing you want, need, or hope to do still before summer officially ends?
I NEED to get rid of Felicia!  Seriously.  The boot has got to go!  I see the orthopedist on Friday.  Pray for a miracle!

2. When were you last at 'your wit's end'?

Monday night when I was studying science vocabulary with Alise.  It was more like an all out brawl that nearly had me pouring myself a stiff one.  Words like continental shelf, continental slope, continental ridge. Cliffs, plains, plateaus, coasts.  Estuaries, inlets, tributaries and rivers.  Would someone like to trade places with me?  When I was in school, there was no such thing as a continental slope or ridge.  Who comes up with this stuff?!  If she doesn't make an A on this test today, there's no telling what I might do!

3. Describe a time you were figuratively thrown into 'the deep end'?
The only thing that comes to mind at the moment, would have to be work related. There have been plenty of times in my career when I've just been thrown into a situation or project and felt like I had to sink or swim.  And sometimes, those moments can be rewarding, because looking back, those times were some of my shining moments.  I had a great mentor, too, when I entered the healthcare field and I think that makes a HUGE difference.


4. Does the end always, ever, or never justify the means? Explain.
I don't like this question.  I had to think too much Monday night to come up with an answer for this one.


5. What makes your hair stand on end?
Ha ha!  The humidity, maybe?  As in 165% humidity? I can't complain, though, because the last few days have been VERY nice, which make for the most excellent of hair days! Y'all know I'm a big hair kind of girl, but there's a difference between curls and frizz!  Just sayin.


6. I read an article on the website Eat This! Health, that listed 11 foods we can eat to help end bad moods. Basically it's a feed your brain so you're less anxious, grouchy and lethargic. The foods are-mussels, swiss chard, blue potatoes, grass fed beef, dark chocolate, greek yogurt, asparagus, honey, cherry tomatoes, eggs, and coconut. Which of those do you think would most help end your own bad mood? Which do you fear, if forced to eat, would put you into a bad mood?

How did you know I was in a bad mood?  Maybe it was question #2, ya think? Of course, I would eat the chocolate. Even if it is dark.  Seriously, I started to take a picture of what I was eating Monday night while we were studying and post it on Instagram!  I had a box of White Cheddar Cheez-Its out and a bag of chocolate chips and let's just say that I ate my fair share without sharing. That was supper.

You would have to hog tie me to eat coconut.  And I've never seen a blue potato.

7. What project around your home, office, or life in general feels like there is 'no endin sight'?

My woman cave.  I'm ashamed to say that it probably hasn't been touched in over six months.  Everything just gets thrown and buried in that deep, dark hole and the mess just multiplies.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I'm all out of randomness at the moment, but if you would like to read my other post for today, click HERE to find out what we've been up to!

12 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, I remember the homework days I use to pass it onto my husband It was the endless projects they would make the girls do. What exactly do they do all day in the schools?? I sure hope Felicity is fired. It get so old real fast. This was an enjoyment to read today. I didn't post this week, and a good thing because I couldn't have thought so hard either on some. Have a good week and good luck at the dr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes kids homework and a bag of chocolate go together : ) I'm sure you're tired of the boot...hope you get good news at your appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always interesting how we learn along with our kids when doing homework! Then you feel that their grade is YOUR grade! ha! So - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true, Marla! I feel like I could take the test myself! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Enjoy your Wednesday!

      Delete
  4. So happy to 'meet' a new Hodgepodger! I saw that you're BAMA fans...we used to live in Madison, AL, just outside of Huntsville. Loved that area! Of course, being from Arkansas, I'm a HUGE Razorbacks fan! We have a lot of humidity here in GA., too...my hair has been on frizz overdrive! I'm your newest follower! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, April! Yes, we are die hard BAMA fans living the life in Louisiana!

      Delete
  5. Very cute and honest points!! I can sooo relate to the HW although now that they're in high school, mom only facilitates and checks for completion. Knowing the right answers.....ahh, forget about it, some of this stuff is harder than graduate school. Ha! Chocolate on the way, oh but the humidity will melt it, I'll save it for you for November!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, homework can make one be at her wits end. I am so glad my grandson does not have to take math this year!!! I enjoyed visiting you today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paula, for stopping by! What a lucky grandson indeed! No math? That's awesome!

      Delete
  7. Yes, hasn't this weather in "The Boot" been a reprieve of late. Actually 64 this morning in the northwest corner. I'll take it any day over the 100+F and 100+ humidity we have been having. Gee, I don't miss the homework issue. I think contracting a full-time tutor would be in order. Sure hope Felecia comes off this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the weather in the northeast corner of the state was very nice this morning, too! I hope you were able to get out and enjoy it!

      Delete
  8. Oh, I do pray that Felicia hits the road on Friday. She's hung around plenty long enough. And, kids homework.....UGH! I hated to miss the HP today but just could not get it worked in this week. I haven't gotten my groove back since the move.

    ReplyDelete