Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday Funday

I was so excited about going to see the orthopedic doctor on Friday! I had made SO MUCH progress in the last two weeks and was even getting around with using only one crutch! ONE CRUTCH, y'all!!  I could even hobble on my bad foot on my tip toes, which was something I couldn't do before.  Well, my world came crashing down pretty fast when he looked at my X-rays from three weeks ago and told me I had a break.  A BREAK? FELICIA SAY WHAT?!  I was on the verge of tears. I just wanted to curl up in the fetal position right there on the table and just cry my heart out! 

Long story short, we did more X-rays and what he was calling "a break" was actually "a fracture," that - thank you God! - does not need surgery.  I also got my hand slapped pretty hard for trying to walk on my tip toes, for wearing wedges, and for using only one crutch.  Dr. D said that I needed to "baby this break."  He really ticked me off when he said, "I can see how you fell down the stairs with your shoes."  He was referring to the leopard wedges I had on {I have to wear a wedge because of the height of the boot and of course, I want to look cute!!  I mean, at least give me that, Doc!}.  I wanted to come back and say, "For YOUR information, you little Twit!  I DID NOT have shoes on when I fell!!"  But I decided to be the good patient instead and keep my mouth shut.

I paid my co-pay and walked out of the clinic so depressed, y'all!  But never fear!  There's a reason God made hair color and I was SO glad that I had made an appointment with my dear friend Anna Banana for a highlight and cut! I went straight to the salon and cried on her shoulder.  She understood all too well because she had foot surgery and just lost her boot last week! Anna turned me back into a Blonde Bombshell.  Well. Not really, but you get the point.

On Saturday, we drove half way "home" to Alabama and picked up our sweet cousin, Katie!  She'll be staying with us this week and we're so excited! And so...I'll be taking a blog break this week to spend some time with these beautiful girls! 


Enjoy your week!

12 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your foot, but it sounds like you are going to have a great week, even with Felicia, two crutches and no wedges! Have a blast with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I often want to call doctors twits too( I am a nurse). Good for you having the strength to stay quiet;) I hope you feel better soon and enjoy those girls! SUsan

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry and doctors can be such twits. I'm glad you had a hair appointment because that makes everything better. Enjoy your week with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Laura, that Dr. Was so insensitive!! I am so glad you do not have to have surgery. Do the healthcare professionals understand that part of our healing if feeling good about ourselves with what we wear! :-) Have a wonderful time with those precious girlies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you don't have to have surgery - enjoy the time with the girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear the good news! have fun with the kiddos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl....behave yourself!! Let Felicia do her job or she is going to wear out her welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear it is actually a fracture, however, breaks heal much faster than terrible sprains and bruises and have little long term problems. Enjoy your time with the girls. But have to admit, Alise looks thrilled in that picture :-0

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry your foot is still giving you trouble :(. Have a great week with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought a good pair of tennis shoes to wear with my boot since I needed the lift too and they were more comfortable to get around. Not glamourous. but practical. It made all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Laura, I so get the cute shoes. I mean, a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do! Seriously, do take care so that you can get both feet back into cute shoes. Enjoy your time with the girlies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just died laughing about your wedges with your boot. That is wayyy too funny. Have fun with your girlies this week. Hair appointments make all things better ;)

    ReplyDelete