Thursday, July 09, 2015

Homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream

The first time I ever had Butterfinger Ice Cream was when Mr. Horton and I were dating and I think it was actually on the 4th of July! Being a city girl, I thought it was kinda weird that his family was putting "things" in their ice cream because my family always stayed with the simple vanilla or chocolate {I'm a texture girl and I don't like fruit in my ice cream, yogurt, or jello.  Just sayin'!}. Besides, I'm not a Butterfinger kinda girl {but M&Ms are a different story}, either, and so I wasn't just jumping over the moon to try this ice cream, but listening to his family rant and rave about it, you'd think it was the best thing since manna!

Ok.  It's the best thing since manna!




I'm so glad that we've continued the "tradition" of making homemade Butterfinger ice cream with our friends during the summer and introducing it to our family {and now it's even my parents' favorite!}.  I don't know if our marriage could have survived without it! Here's the recipe!

Homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream

8 eggs
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 can evaporated milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
3 small packs of Butterfingers (pkg of 6)
whole milk

Unwrap the Butterfingers and place in a ziplock bag.  Beat the heck out of it until the candy crumbles. Beat eggs on medium speed in a medium size bowl.  Add remainder of ingredients and beat until blended thoroughly.  Add candy. Pour mixture into ice cream maker and fill to the fill line with whole milk. Freeze & churn until maker slows or stops. Enjoy!



This week, I'll be linking up with these blogs!

Penny's Passion
The Deliberate Mom
The Fab Journey
Waiting on Wednesday
Let It Shine
Three Kids & A Fish

20 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing!!! I am wondering if you can add other types of candy and fruit. It would be super tasty with chocolate chips too!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can add just about anything to this recipe, Susan! Let me know if you try something different. Happy Friday Eve to you!

      Delete
  2. Talk about perfection! This looks amazing Laura, when I was pregnant with my oldest I craved Butterfinger blizzards from Dairy Queen! And a couple coincidences I do not like fruit in my ice cream at all and I have an ice cream recipe with cookies and scheduled for a post next Tuesday! great and creative minds think alike lady! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Andrea! Your pregnancy story is too funny! Can't wait to see your recipe next week! Stay cool, my friend!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh - how delicious does this look?! We have to try some homemade ice cream before summer is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do, Christina! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Homemade ice cream - nothing better! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Biana! If we're not all screaming ice cream by now with this heat, something is wrong! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. This sounds super delicious! I have a one year old that I'm sure will love to make and eat this treat with me. Thank you so much for sharing, Laura. You just added an activity to our Saturday this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria! Thanks for stopping by and glad I could add some summer fun to your weekend! Have a great one!

      Delete
  6. Wow that sounds yummy, I might just try making that!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nora! Thanks for stopping by! If you decide to try the ice cream, let me know how you like it!

      Delete
  7. Holy yum! I wonder if I can make any recipe to use in my Cuisanart ice cream maker. May have to try it out...my kids are crazy for butter fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok...this sounds so good right now!! And every other time of the day too... I need to step up my homemade Ice cream skill...and I will definitely try this to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, that looks so good. Just as I start a new diet....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm dropping by from the Shine Blog Hop. I lLOVE to make homemade ice cream and I LOVE putting things in it. This recipe sounds scrumptious!! I'm putting this on my list to make this summer!!

    I have a link party that I am trying to grow. I invite you to share this idea (and a couple of others) at my Grandma Ideas Sharing Time link up at http://grandmaideas.com. I think my readers would LOVE this idea, too.

    My linkup is open Wednesday through Friday at midnight Mountain Daylight Time. So there isn't much time to link up today. I hope to see you there! If you can't make it, maybe you could participate in my link up next week.

    I also have a giveaway where you can win 3 movies (Woman in Gold, Big Eyes, and The King's Speech) and a $25 gift certificate. I invite you to enter my giveaway. (There aren't too many entries so you have a great chance of winning!)

    All the best,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know about your link party, Nina! I'll be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  11. Well, I'm a vanilla kind of gal and not into too many textures either. But, I do like Butterfingers and think that ice cream just might be right up my alley. I'll file this recipe away for the next time we make ice cream. Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum!! We have never made homemade ice cream, I bet it is delicious! I am a texture girl too, I can't do the fruit in yogurt either and I can't even eat jello because the feeling of it grosses me out!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this at my Grandma Ideas Sharing Time link party. You are such a sweetie! I really appreciate your participation and hope you become a regular participant.

    ReplyDelete