Wednesday, July 08, 2015

My Favorite Face Cleansers

I just wanted to say "thank you!" to all my new readers and if you're stopping by for the first time today, "Welcome!" Feel free to read and stay as long as you want and if you like what you see, I'd love for you to follow me on Bloglovin or Instagram.

So...Alise asked me last week how old I was when I started wearing makeup and I told her I was 13.  And it was the truth.  

Sorta.  

Actually, I was more like 12 years, 11 months and five days.  

Sorta.  

See, my parents were building a house the Christmas before I turned thirteen in January, and we were living in a two bedroom, one bath apartment until the house was finished {We had to move into the apartment because our other house sold}. My brother and I had to share a room. That was not a fun Christmas that year because all of our Christmas decorations were stored and so my mother bought a small table top tree and we set it on top of a cardboard box and that was our tree.  We laugh about it now, but it was just not a pretty Christmas tree and the holidays that year just weren't what we were use to. So imagine my surprise on Christmas morning when I unwrapped my first "real" makeup from Santa!  I remember looking up at my mom and asking, "Is this for real?"  I think it was her way of trying to make up for the lack luster Christmas we were having in a tiny apartment. And let me just say that I rocked some blue eye shadow back in the day!

Fast forward about thirty years and the one good thing I can say about wearing make up is that I stuck to my habit of always taking it off at night.  I remember when Wayne and I first got married and I was SO worried about him seeing me without makeup! I would take it off really fast and then jump in the bed and turn out the light!  Ha!  A shallow move back then, but I was young and he just never saw me without makeup before we were married {And to this day, Wayne tells me he loves me when I don't wear it!  He's the best!}.

So I thought today I would share three of my favorite face cleansers that I've used over the past few years.  I don't know about you, but one of my pet peeves is washing my face, drying it, and still leaving makeup on the hand towel. Ugh!  I want a CLEAN face for night time and all three of these products will give you just that!


   


Nourish Organic Face Cleanser. I discovered this cleanser about a year ago as a sample in my Ipsy bag and fell in love with it. I'm not wild about the smell, but it's a gentle cleanser that is sure to remove all oil and makeup. It's kinda hard to find, too.  I couldn't find it at my local Walmart or Target, so I order it online. It's probably my favorite cleanser and I've even ordered more items in this brand like the eye cream.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple. I've mentioned before how I love Philosophy products, and this cleanser is perfection in a bottle. This product has a five star rating with over 700 reviews! So why did I quit using it?  Only because I got the sample of NO in my glam bag!  Seriously. And maybe because I thought NO removed my mascara {I don't use waterproof mascara} a little better. This product is a little pricier {I don't know how they're coming up with $11 on the website because it's over $20 at my Ulta?} than the other two products, but in my opinion, it's worth it {I would like to note that I am not a fan of Philosophy's Foaming Cleanser}.

Liquid Neutrogena. The only reason I bought this product was because it's fragrant free and I had planned to begin using it with some essential oils.  I'll have to get back to you on that part, but as a product by itself, it's very good at removing makeup and my face feels clean after I use it.  No makeup on the hand towel, so that deserves a high rank for me! Another great thing about this product is that it's available at Walmart and Target and retails for less than $10.

I prefer to use liquid face cleansers versus makeup wipes because I just don't feel like my face gets as clean with the wipes. If I use wipes, I feel like I still need to wash my face.  Crazy for some of you, I know.

Have you tried any of these products?  If so, what do you think?  I would love to read your thoughts in the comments.

Today I'm linking up with these fine peeps!


And of course!

Mix & Match Fashion


P.S. My Blog Sista, Shelly, just announced a fun monthly linkup that begins NEXT TUESDAY! It's a link up about that special friend, blogger, or other person in your life that inspires you!  Sounds like fun!  You can check it out by clicking HERE!
The Queen in Between
P.S.S. Tomorrow I'll be posting our family recipe for Butterfinger Ice Cream! 

Follow

19 comments:

  1. Purity is my all time favorite cleanser! Love it! I didn't know that Philosophy carried a foaming cleaner! I must check that out! I love that the Neutrogena soap cleans so well that you dont have makeup on the towel! That deserves a try! Thanks for the review! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always told my girls the best thing to do for your skin is wash your face before bed, no matter what. And well, they listened (who would have thought). So I agree with you here. I bet you are just as pretty without makeup!!!! Great skin picks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so kind, Michelle. Now I'm trying to instill this habit with my 10 year old - who hasn't started wearing makeup yet - and I just can't get it through her head that she needs to wash her face in the morning and at night. I'm wanting her to have the habit before puberty rears her ugly head!

      Delete
  3. I think a good face washing routine is what keeps us looking young more than anything. Washing that makeup off at the end of the day is the best feeling :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Vicki!

      Delete
  4. You have pushed me over the edge. Me thinks my teen and I need to try Purity in our cleansing routine. ;) I swear by Proactiv but so many people love Purity that I think it's time to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ramona! I used Proactiv for a while in my late twenties and early thirties, but I always washed my face first before I used the Proactiv cleansing gel. I highly suggest Purity and if you try it, let me know what you think! Have a great Wednesday!

      Delete
  5. I have tried the Philosophy cleanser too and really like it. Right now I am using a face wash that I picked up at Trader Joe's. I also use the makeup cleansing wipes from Neutrogena. They really remove waterproof mascara better than anything else I've used. Have a happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had a Trader Joe's, Tanya! I've never been to one.

      Delete
  6. I always love any of the Neutrogena face products!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I so hate that when I was my face and there's still residue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great story Laura! I was 13 when I started wearing make up as well but I don't think I was allowed to wear foundation until I was 14. Ha ha I love this article because I just saw on the Today show this week 17% of women leave their make up on at night! Can you believe that? I like my face to be clean as a whistle before I go to bed. Ha ha! Great products!! Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a while before I wore foundation, too, Andrea. At that time, it was just eye shadow, powder, blush, mascara and lip gloss. I would have gone nutso with all the choices and brands out there today!

      Delete
  9. I have used Mary Kay skin care for years and absolutely love it. Their TimeWise Cleanser has little tiny scrubbing beads and I LOVE it for the reason you stated, it gets my face squeaky clean. Always enjoy hearing about other gals favorite skin care and makeup products. Happy Wed. Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lea! I wore Mary Kay for years when Wayne and I first got married and I've considered going back to it from time to time. There are just so many choices to choose from that I get a little overwhelmed. And I'm a creature from habit so I tend to stick with what works for me, but I might have to try it again.

      Delete
  10. Love Philosophy stuff! That cleanser looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I have to check out the Philosophy products. I definitely need something new for this aging face of mine :)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for giving us a shoutout!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing at Waiting on...Wednesday! I always love learning what others use! Hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete