Thursday, June 18, 2015

Words I Simply Can NOT Spell

I pride myself on spelling.  I mean, I'm not like "spelling bee" material, but I hardly ever have to use spell check at work or here on the ol' blog.  I always made high A's in spelling.  I even judged a spelling bee once {thankyouverymuch!}!  

Now, my daughter?  That's a different story!  She gets her spelling skills from her daddy and for the record, he has none.  We can work all week on spelling words, she'll make an A on the Friday test, and won't be able to spell the same words come the following Monday!  WHA!?

So here are some words that I am known to {ahem!} commonly misspelled {but I would like to point out that they are spelled correctly here}:

definitely - I NEVER get this one right!

occasion

connoisseur

concierge

ineligible

conscientious

inconvenience

calendar - Another word/thorn in my side!

perseverance

vacuum - Sometimes I just stick 2 c's and 2 u's in it and move on!

So what do you do when you can't spell a word?  I'll be honest.  I google it.  Or if my illegally blonde self remembers, I'll click on the spell check button.

What words do you have a hard time remembering to spell?  How would you grade yourself in the subject of Spelling?

I'm linking up with these blogs today: Home of Malones & Penny's Passion.

          Thoughts for Thursday                                            X-tremely V

10 comments:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from Thinking Out Loud Thursday! I definitely struggle with DEFINITELY! Every single time! I use spell check like crazy because I am one who corrects grammar and spelling in my head ALL the time! Glad to know I'm in good company! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie! I think we have a mutual acquaintance? Another word I should have added to the list! Ha! I just love your sister, Jennifer! I follow her on IG and she is a hoot! Thanks for stopping by today and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  2. Spelling comes naturally to me but sometimes I'll have to stop and think of "i before e" and "u always with a q" and double check my words but its all fun and games.

    Stopping by from the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about doing a post on this! But I can't really remember all my spelling hardships until they pop up. I Google or if I'm typing somewhere where it'll do the red squiggly spell-check line, I wait for that, right click and choose the right option!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely! I never get it right...NEVER! And the kicker is I use the word quite a bit, you would think by now I would have it figured out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be so good at spelling when we actually had to write things down! lol! Now that everthing is done on the computer I think I count on spellcheck or google to help me out way too often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!! Love this post! I will never, ever, as long as I live be able to spell restaurant. I am not sure why, but I always get it wrong!! So glad I found you blog via Thinking Out Loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katie! I have to think about the word restaurant, too. But for me, it's like spelling February and Wednesday. I have to sound it out in my head so I won't forget the silent letters! Hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. Must be the accountant in us! Spelling is NOT my strong suit either and I am always having to google just to be sure. My biggest pet peeve though is that I know how to spell color and favorite here in Texas and autocorrect is always changing to read colour and favourite...STOP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeewwww! That would SO tick me off, too!! I think they spell those words like that in England/Europe. It's just not right!!

      Delete