Thursday, March 12, 2015

Twenty Things About Moi

I've been noticing lately on IG all the tags for listing 20 things about yourself. What a great way to get to know someone!  I've enjoyed reading them all!  So I've decided today to list 20 things about myself that hopefully, unless you are one of my closest friends or having been reading my blog for a very long time, you may not know about me! Feel free to play along! Here we go! 

1.  I do not like sushi.  No California Rolls for me, please.

2.  I learned to drive in my dad's black '79 Ford pick up.  My dad taught me how to drive.  And I still can't drive a stick to this day!  Wayne tried to teach me when we were dating, but it was hopeless.  Clutches and I just don't go together {no pun intended}.

3.  My daughter had the same kindergarten teacher I had, but we went to different schools.

4.  As a pre-wedding prank, I hid my groom-to-be's tux.  If you're wondering how that happened, all my bridesmaids and I got to the church first and his tux was already there and fair game.  You can see in our wedding video me asking him during one of the songs, "So?  You found your tux?"  BTW, we upped our wedding date.  Our original wedding date was May 20th.

5.  I don't wear socks with my boots.  I know.  I'm ashamed.

6.  Out of 50 states, I've been to 23.  Soon to be 24!  I've been to New York, San Francisco, The Grand Canyon and Mount Rushmore.

7.  I sat for the CPA exam three times before I passed.

8.  My first concert ever was Poison & White Lion when I was a senior in high school.  My last concert was Garth Brooks.  Go figure.  My favorite concerts would have to be Garth Brooks and Kiss.

9.  I broke my arm in the third grade at the skating rink.  A dude ran over me. My parents didn't think it was broken so I suffered for three days.  I'm surprised I didn't die!  That's the only bone I've ever broken.  Except maybe a couple of toes, but there's not much you can do for that!

10.  My favorite Disney princess is Cinderella and I can't wait to see the movie this weekend!  Belle is a close second.

11.  I sleep with a sheet, a thin quilt, and a goose down comforter 365 days a year.  And I wonder why I have hot flashes!

12.  The sound of the vacuum cleaner relaxes me.  I know.  I'm weird.

13.  My favorite TV show as a kid was The Brady Bunch.  But I also liked Little House on the Prairie, Charlie's Angels, Dukes of Hazzard (I would watch with my brother), and Donnie & Marie.  My mother would run my brother and I out of the living room at 8:00 on Friday nights so she could watch Dallas.  We weren't aloud to watch.  My favorite shows now are Downton Abbey, The Black List, and Scandal (but I am so far behind on the last two).

14.  Having said number 13, I live with Star Wars geeks!

15.  I was voted Most Likely To Succeed in high school.  My graduating class was 354 students.  And after keeping up with old friends on Face Book, I believe I've succeeded at succeeding.

16.  The only dessert I can never pass up is chocolate cake.  A warm brownie ala mode is a close second.

17.  I was once a tea kettle in a school play.

18.  My one regret is that I let my mother sell my old piano.  I started taking lessons in the 5th grade and played until I was a junior in high school.  It was more for my mother than me because I oh-so hated to practice.  The one song I can still play from memory is, The Entertainer, but I miss playing hymns.  I could bang out a good ol' Southern-Baptist-style, The Old Rugged Cross.  I won several pianist competitions.

19.  I've had three speeding tickets in my life.  All of them after I was married. Two of them occurred on the same street, same place, but years apart. Obviously, I didn't learn my lesson!  I always drive in the left lane and five miles over the speed limit.  I suffer from "road rage."  Obviously.

20.  I hate going to the dentist.  I've had braces twice.  I nearly had to have a root canal once and thought I was about to go over the edge, but it turned out that I didn't need one.  I think I thanked God for two solid weeks for that answered prayer!

Thanks for reading along today!  I hope some of my wild and crazy comments at least made you smile today!  

Mingle 240


Three Kids and A Fish

9 comments:

  1. Seriously....is it wrong that the most shocking thing on here to me is that you don't wear socks with your boots??!! Ha! Fun post...I was voted biggest flirt my senior year...guess I should be glad I didn't continue that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just learned several things about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love learning more about you. I still owe you that email. Haven't forgotten. When I told Katie what was going on and that they prescribed a sleeping aid for her she about died!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was fun to read! I also loved Little House On The Prairie and Dukes of Hazzard. I was totally in love with Bo Duke and I actually met John Schneider very briefly about 15 years ago. We were backstage at an event my husband was working (he used to be in the music industry) and I was getting coffee. Bo/John walked over and asked me how the coffee was. I was so excited that my childhood crush was actually talking to me that to this day I have no idea how I responded...LOL #BumblingIdiot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember my parents ushering us out of the room to watch Dallas too - how funny! However once I got a bit older, I learned what all the hype was about and actually enjoyed it myself.

    Stopping by from Mingle Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree and say that Garth Brooks was probably one of the BEST concerts I've seen. Hands down! Stopping by from Mingle Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post! I was so busy last week, I am catching up on my blogs! We have the same taste in TV, those are all some of my favorite shows as well! Belle is my favorite princess with Cinderella a close second! Did you see the movie this weekend? I want to take my daughter to see it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love this! What a great way to get to know a blogger! :-) The kindergarten teacher one is crazy, and the old Rugged Cross is one of my fave hymns! :-)
    Thank you so much for sharing this on Making Memories Mondays! :-)
    Cathy@three kids and a fish

    ReplyDelete